We are currently hiring for a leading multi-billion-dollar global macro hedge fund focused on emerging markets. They have offices globally and trade in over 70 countries and their approach combines macroeconomics research with quantitative analysis.
They are looking for someone with a technical skillset and experience within quantitative finance to work in the Economic Research team to report to the chief economist. Candidates with a PhD or master's degree in a quantitative related discipline and professional work experience are encouraged to apply.Responsibilities:
- Forecast inflation in major trading countries
- Developing models for key macroeconomic variables
- Monitor macro market developments
- Communicate inflation outlooks to the investment team
- Predict other essential macro variables
- Create tools to monitor macro development
- PhD or master's degree in the relevant field with 1-3 years of professional experience
- Strong statistical and quantitative skills, including Python proficiency
- Self-motivated, organised and a proactive problem-solver
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Previous inflation forecasting or trading inflation products experience (advantageous)
To apply, please send your CV in WORD FORMAT to firstname.lastname@example.org for an initial discussion with one of our experience consultants.