The Institutional Banking Group (IBG) provides corporate customers with a full range of commercial banking and investment banking products and services. Within IBG, the Energy, Renewables and Infrastructure ( ERI
) team assists clients with their full range of corporate and investment banking requirements as they journey through the energy transition including: -
Corporate financing and advisory services including but not limited to trade finance, working capital finance, ESG loans, project finance loans, syndicated facilities and such other term loans which could be in the form of bilateral, club or syndicated facilities; cash management solutions and services comprising liquidity management solutions, digital/API solutions across account types such as operating current accounts, time deposits and escrow accounts; Treasury solutions including interest rate, cross-currency, foreign exchange and energy commodity hedging solutions. Investment banking products and advisory services across the entire capital structure from equity (private and public) to debt (bonds/bank debt) to strategic advisory services ranging from M&A (including capital optimisation) to Project Finance and Sustainable Finance Advisory.
Through our continued commitment, DBS has cultivated long-standing relationships with its customers in the region that are based on account relationship management, service differentiation, product development and rigorous credit standards. Responsibilities
- Directly drive franchise and industry income and contribute to the team's P&L performance by managing the loan portfolio and account management requirements of ERI clients in Singapore and across DBS geographies.
- Grow portfolio earnings and enhance portfolio ROE through cross-sell of Cash, Trade, Treasury & Markets and Investment Banking (including Equity Capital Markets, Debt Capital Markets and Strategic Advisory) products and solutions as follows:
- (1) Development and execution of strategic account plans for existing client portfolio with product partners, with at least semi-annual reviews, and a focus on: a) The Digital agenda - To acquire new cash management mandates & supply chain mandates, working closely with product partners to ensure proper execution of such mandates; and b) The Sustainability agenda - To capture sustainability advisory, loans and capital markets opportunities working closely with Sustainability Team,
- (2) Identify New-To-Bank client targets and develop/implement acquisition plans.
- Assist the Executive Directors and Managing Directors of ERI in the origination of investment banking and advisory mandates.
- Ensure proper management of existing portfolio of customers across products and geographies, especially for large accounts with heavy demands on day-to-day operational handling.
- Work with DBS Geographies to grow DBS ERI brand and regional industry wallet revenue by raising awareness of industry developments and its ensuing opportunities and risk, deal flow and deal structures. Jointly target new clients and drive joint account planning for existing portfolio.
- Ensure regular client engagement. These should be supported by timely pre-meeting briefing notes with relevant talking points and actionable call reports.
- Ensure quality, accuracy, and relevance of high-quality pitches to clients by product partners.
- Assist in the execution of different strategic initiatives.
- Proactive monitoring and management of accounts, being alert to credit deterioration or improvement, and taking timely action including elevation to senior management and Credit.
- Preparation of credit memos ensuring accuracy, timeliness and supported by sufficient depth of analysis and synthesized insights and coherent recommendations.
- Evaluate financial models with P&L, B/S & cash-flow projections based on sound business and market assumptions with high level of competence.
- Lead loan & security documentation and negotiation with high degree of competence. Guide newer or less experienced team members for some day-to-day tasks.
- Bachelor's degree with 5-7 years' relevant experience in the Energy, Renewables and Infrastructure sector and/or relevant experience as a Corporate Banker.
- Self-starter with a proven ability to originate new business leads and drive cross-sell/buy.
- Experience in leading a regional business, driving connectivity across multiple geographies.
- Demonstrates a strong grasp of financing, hedging instruments and capital market solutions for large corporates in the ERI sector.
- Articulate and confident in public presentations and pitches.
- Familiar with complex financial models and high-quality pitches.
- Proven credit skills.
- Experience in Corporate Finance advisory and M&A or Sustainable Finance would be an added advantage.
- Proven ability to engage senior internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated people leadership and team builder.
- Highly resourceful individual who should also be a team player.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.