The Value of Active Minds About Jupiter
Jupiter is one of the UK's leading investment management companies with just over 500 employees and £51.4 billion worth of assets under management (as at 30th June 2023).
Jupiter provides investment services to individual and institutional investors through mutual funds (UK unit trusts, Luxembourg SICAVs and Dublin OEICs), separately managed accounts and sub-advised funds. Jupiter has experienced a period of international growth with offices open in EMEA, APAC and the US.
The majority of our employees are based in our London office located just minutes from Victoria station which provides stair-free access from both the Underground's Victoria line and National Rail platforms, as well as limited road crossings to the Jupiter office. Our London office was designed to encourage employees to live active, healthy lives with floor-to-ceiling windows that allow for greater natural light and the benefit of a private balcony, table tennis room, cycle storage and on-site shower and locker facilities. The short distance to Green Park and St James' Park also provides employees with a natural space to relax during their lunch break and a healthy alternative to office-based meetings.
We offer our UK employees a 3:2 hybrid working arrangement where Tuesdays, Thursdays and a third day of your choice are worked from the office. The other two days may be worked from home. This facilitates collaboration and allows employees to maximise productivity whilst maintaining a healthy work/life balance. Background
The role sits within the Enterprise Risk Team, assisting with the implementation of the Enterprise Risk Framework and Operational Resilience program, including coordinating the incident management process and supporting risk assessments & business continuity plans. Key Responsibilities Incident Management
- Support the business through the end-to-end incident management process
- Review incident data to provide analysis of trends to form valuable Management Information
- To be the first point of contact of the Enterprise Risk team for incident management queries.
- Coordinate continuous updates of the firm's Business Continuity Plans
- Support the ongoing development of the firm's operational resilience.
Risk Data and Reporting
- Develop strong relationships with various stakeholders across the firm in order to optimise the smooth running of the various risk processes
- Able to provide valuable second-line risk input and challenge.
Desired Skills / Experience
- Oversight and maintenance of data held in our Risk System (ERIS), ensuring that data is robust and can be extracted in a consistent manner
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the Risk and Control Self-Assessment (RCSA) process, specifically providing Risk data to assist with the assessments
- Support the regular collation of risk data to measure our suite of KRIs and Risk Appetite metrics, highlighting any trends or areas requiring challenge
- Contribute to a range of Risk reports aimed at senior stakeholders and Boards
Additional Role Details
- 2+ years of second line Enterprise Risk experience and/or experience in a Operational Resilience or BCP team
- Experience of working in financial services, with experience of Asset Management desirable
- Experience of incident management practices
- Strong organisational and planning skills essential
- Accuracy and attention to detail essential
- A proactive approach to work
- Capable of working with and consolidate a variety of content, e.g., numerical, procedural, informal, written and verbal
- Ability to prioritise work and to meet tight deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong skills in PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- Excellent team player with proven ability to develop good working relationships with colleagues whilst also being able to work independently where required
- A flexible approach to work.
- This role is subject to the Conduct Rules set by the FCA.
Don't meet every requirement? At Jupiter we are dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workplace, so if you are interested in this role, but don't think your experience aligns perfectly with every listed requirement in the job description, we would encourage you to apply. You may be the right person for this role.