Overview Bring your ideas. Make history.
BNY Mellon offers an exciting array of future-forward careers at the intersection of business, finance, and technology. We are one of the world's top asset management and banking firms that manages trillions of dollars in assets, custody and/or administration. Known as the "bank of banks" - 97% of the world's top banks work with us as we lead and serve our customers into the new era of digital.
With over 238 years of rich history and industry firsts, BNY Mellon has been built upon our proven ability to evolve, lead, and drive new ideas at every turn. Today, we're approximately 50,000 employees across 35 countries with a culture that empowers you to grow, take risks, experiment and be yourself. This is what #LifeAtBNYMellon
is all about.
Clearance and Collateral Management comprehensive offering helps clients segregate, optimize, finance and "transform" collateral in support of their financial strategies. Institutional investors and intermediaries look to us for the global expertise, clarity and operational support they need to navigate an environment of sweeping regulatory change.
Our innovative, insight-driven solutions help our clients, whether on the buy-side or the sell-side, improve the way they manage their collateral, engage in more investment opportunities to help maximize their investment returns and access new financing alternatives. Backed by modern technology and multi-dimensional thinking, we're ready to deliver the expertise, products and services clients need as they address their collateral, liquidity and securities financing needs.
The Global Testing & Business Support (GTBS) team has the following main responsibilities for all covered products within Global Collateral Management and Segregation:
- Production support: Liaison between technology and business operation groups as a first level of escalation for issues encountered on functional BAU processes or system issues
- Stakeholder in Agile Scrum team's sprints: Help building stories (requirements)
- Enrich and control QA functional testing within sprint cycles
- User Acceptance and integration Testing: Perform integration and regression testing, defect management, support implementation to production, training to stakeholders and post implementation support. First line of support for UAT issues encountered by team members.
- Client onboarding support (includes client facing)Inbound and outbound messaging expertise support to internal and external clients
- Client testing
The GTBS Lead Analyst has the responsibility to support the Collateral Management and Segregation business groups in their day to day on system and functional process problems as well as to specifically own the UAT and/or Client onboarding for the assigned projects and/or client onboarding. Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- Organisation of the day-to-day work: Ensure assigned project tasks are balanced off with the production support required. Communicate to management when conflicts are encountered.
- Relationship development: Build out good relationship with key stakeholders including clients, IT and IT support (QA), Project managers, Product, Service Delivery Operations, Relationship Managers and senior Management.
- Communication: Adapt communication to stakeholder's needs/interest. Ensure timely communication is in place as per the objective of the message.
- Client focus: deliver for our Clients, act as a Client advocate within the teams and across BNY Mellon.
- Risk management: Adhere to all outlined procedures and policies
- Understand operational/functional process flows of the business to ensure client (internal or external) queries are acted upon accordingly and to ensure that Test Strategies/scripts are business representative.
- Ensure excellent Defect Management
- Project management: Manage and execute the different milestones GTBS is responsible for within an assigned project or client testing
- Review and understand requirements
- Create test plan and collect sign off from stakeholder
- Create test scripts
- Execute testing (including Functional, regression and client testing)
- Ensure proper defect management
- Collect sign for different testing from stakeholders
- Organize communication on project operational/business impact (including training sessions where applicable)
- Support implementation business validation
- Monitor and follow up on post implementation issues
- Ensure correct documentation for each milestone where applicable as per procedures
- Provide internal training to colleagues where needed
- Understanding of the Collateral Management and Segregation business
- Experience with UAT testing/Agile practices/Defect Management
- Experience in one (or more) BNYM Asset Servicing departments is considered an asset as well as knowledge of systems used within these departments or 2 years experience in a similar function outside of BNYMellon
- Swift message format knowledge is an asset
- Understanding and reading technical format files is an asset
- Good coaching and interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong capacity to work autonomously and to be very stress resistant
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Solution and result-oriented
- Strong Client focus
- Strong risk awareness on process business impact
- Demonstrate energy, enthusiasm and ability to take the lead in implementing changes
- Flexible and willing to work on week-ends for Release Implementation
- Reliable, mature team player with a strong sense of responsibility toward clients and the team
- Ability to thrive in a fast-moving, dynamic environment and to handle and prioritize multiplicity of tasks during the day and at certain points in the day
- Quick learner
- Able to think independently and to question issues or procedures with a view to improvement
- Excellent personal organization and analytical skills
- Ability to take initiative and demonstrate ability to work independently on tasks when needed.
- 5-7 years of total work experience preferred.
- Experience in an operational area and/or client services preferred.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.