This position is located in Los Angeles. What we are looking for
The Post Production Support Specialist (PPSS) supports customers post go-live of the Charles River Investment Management Solution (CRIMS) implementation. Their contributions include defining new client requirements, configuring and tuning the application to the client's business and technical needs, training users, testing workflows and resolving issues. The Specialist will liaise with Charles River Technical Support and Product resources to troubleshoot application issues and to determine the optimal configuration. The ideal candidate will have at least 3 to 5 years of hands-on experience gained in the financial industry working for a consultancy or software vendor. Experience leading the implementation or support of Front, Middle or Back Office Investment Management systems is highly valued. Why this job is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of Charles River Development (or CRD), that became a part of State Street in 2018. CRD helps create enterprise investment management software solutions for large institutions in the areas of institutional investment, wealth management and hedge funds. Together we have created the first open front-to-back platform - State Street Alpha, that was launched in 2019. What you will be responsible for
What we value
- PPSS are expected to have strong industry knowledge across multiple asset classes. Additionally, PPSS team members are responsible for navigating the CRD/Alpha eco-system and establishing relationship with the various internal supporting teams
- Analyze and evaluate requirements issues while providing product expertise and guidance throughout the post go-live journey.
- Educate customers on the methodologies and functionality provided by CRIMS. Advise on best practices regarding the implementation and operation of Charles River solutions and services.
- Evaluate customer requirements to identify potential enhancements to Charles River solutions and services. Document and communicate product improvements as part of customer-specific requirements or in response to trends in the marketplace.
- Responsible for maintaining a client issues list and status reporting.
- Train users on existing workflows
- Gather requirements for new asset classes, security types and/or business line
- Document requirements
- Works with Professional Services team to assign dedicated resources to accomplish deliverables
- Contribute to software quality by clearly communicating defects to Client Support and Product Management. Support the defect resolution process by providing clear descriptions of defects and validating the resulting fixes. Identify errors and mistakes in documentation and suggest corrections and improvements.
The Post Go Live Production Support Specialists is expected to have experience working on implementing or supporting Front, Middle or Back Office Investment Management systems.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- PPSS are expected to have strong industry knowledge across multiple asset classes. Additionally, PPSS team members are responsible for navigating the CRD/Alpha eco-system and establishing relationship with the various internal supporting teams.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with the implementation and/or support of mission-critical financial solutions. Experience in the implementation and/or support of a financial system within a bank, hedge fund or asset manager, or wealth management firm is especially valuable.
- Hands-on experience implementing or supporting investment management software, preferably an order management and compliance system is especially valuable.
- Substantive in one or more of the following: fixed income, equity financial instruments. Understanding of investment management or wealth management workflows, derivatives, and FX instruments.
- Technically savvy: understanding of multi-tier technical architectures and relational database structures, familiarity with SQL, FIX and reporting tools
- A strong record of customer service. Post Go Live Support Specialists must understand customer needs and build effective relationships. The candidate must be able to convey plans, issues and concerns to clients and team members in a clear, logical and concise manner. They will need to also be able to influence key decision makers both internally and externally.
- Must be customer driven, work within a team environment, and be focused on providing a high quality of service to the customer.
- Strong time management skills including the ability to manage multiple projects in parallel.
- Strong problem solving/analytical skills.
- Four (4) year degree in a business or technical field such as Finance, Mathematical Finance, Economics, Engineering, or Computer Science. An advanced degree or industry certification such as the CFA is a strong plus.
- 3 to 5+ years of experience
- Travel as required by the Customer
The ability to travel to client sites throughout the United States and Canada as well as the ability to work effectively when remote from clients. Travel of 30-50% is typical but may exceed that at any given year. About State Street What we do.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investments research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity, and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experience and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at www.StateStreet.com/careers Salary Range:
$110,000 - $177,500 Annual
The range quoted above applies to the role in the primary location specified. If the candidate would ultimately work outside of the primary location above, the applicable range could differ.