Mountain Pacific Investment Advisers is an independent investment management company serving both institutional and high net worth private clients since 1973. With approximately $1.8 billion under management, we invest in both equities and fixed income for families, foundations, trusts, and pensions. Our particular focus is on small to mid-cap domestic stocks with growth-at-a-reasonable-price (GARP) characteristics. We employ fundamental, bottoms-up security analysis in our selection process, subject to our well-defined, longstanding investment philosophy.
Description of Role
We are seeking a highly motivated individual with excellent interpersonal skills, interest in markets, and a passion for research and client service. In this entry level position, the associate will be expected to assist advisers with portfolio management, serve clients as needed and directed by advisers, contribute to the investment research process, and assist with many aspects of firm operations. The successful candidate may advance to investment adviser.
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in a quantitative or related field required
- CFA, MBA, CPA, or CFP preferred
- At least two years work experience in positions of increasing responsibility
- Proficiency with Excel and/or Bloomberg a plus
- Strong quantitative abilities and attention to detail
- Intellectual curiosity focused on markets and investing
- Excellent client service and verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Highest level of personal integrity and discretion
- In-office role in downtown Boise
Please submit resume and cover letter for consideration.