Job description Some careers have more impact than others.
If you're looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you'll be. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Wealth and Personal Banking is our new global business combining Retail Banking and Wealth Management; and Global Private Banking, to become one of the world's largest global wealth managers with USD1.4 trillion in assets. Across Asia, where wealth pools are growing faster than in any other region, HSBC's wealth revenues grew 12% in 2019 (year-on-year) to USD5.7 billion. Our dedicated colleagues serve millions of customers worldwide across the entire spectrum of private wealth, ranging from personal banking individuals and families, through to business owners, investors and ultra-high-net-worth individuals. We provide products and services such as bank accounts, credit cards, personal loans and mortgages, as well as asset management, insurance, wealth management and private banking, that best suit our customers' needs.
We are currently seeking a high calibre professional to join our team as a Senior Manager Model Governance. Principal Responsibilities
This position will be responsible for deploying, implementing and managing Global Model Risk governance framework for WPB Data and Analytics (non-risk) models and AI/ML solutions. The role will include the design and management of applicable modelling standards and policy for traditional and machine learning / AI models, supporting the global model inventory and WPB Customer Selection MOF, ensuring a consistent and high standard is applied across models and integrating HSBC's Principles for the Ethical Use of Big Data and A.I judiciously into WPB Data & Analytics models and AI/ML. It will support the Model Oversight Forum by staying abreast of the latest regulatory developments and industry information in the Model Risk Management space. The role will include developing and maintaining key foundational guides/ technical procedures on principles that support the model risk management framework, and driving the execution by coordinating modelers from all regions globally. The position will also be key in understanding and communicating technical modelling concepts used across the organization to the broader model community/ stakeholder group through enhancing or creating easy to understand documents.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Support internal and external forums on Big data and AI - ML models to shape additional controls needed to enhance the model governance
- Work with modeling stakeholders to develop best practices to support the model risk management framework
- Seek and compile comments and feedback to focus and structure new and existing procedure documents
- Support MOF members to ensure the effective operation of MOF
- Work with the modeling community to identify models and non-models developed internally and externally
- Assist modeling community to ensure the understanding and execution of model governance requirements, including but not limited to model inventory, approval, documentation, and monitoring.
- Support the model review process and manage model reviews
- Develop ways to effectively monitor the model risks and regularly report material model risk issues to the MOC
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent, post-Graduate degree in Economics, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science or similar technical discipline preferred
- Previous Model Risk Governance experience, Independent Model Review and/or Model Audit experience
- Previous modeling experience
- Knowledge of modeling advancements in Machine Learning, Big Data, AI and Generative AI
- Technical writing experience or equivalent
- Ability to consolidate technical inputs and analyses and produce a logical and understandable document
- Strong organizational, analytical, problem-solving, project management and verbal and written communication skills
- Adept at document editing, structure and logic flow for both technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong in Microsoft Office suite of products including PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
- Research background/ experience is a plus
- Programming experience in R, SAS, Python
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.