Who we are looking for
Individual will lead and coordinate Alpha and Middle Office conversion activities across the life span of the conversion event which may be from 6 months to 2 yrs+. This will range from cost estimation, scoping requirements and engaging with client and internal business partners to facilitating data extract set up process, organizing and leading conversion events (dry run, dress rehearsal, go live) and ensuring a smooth transition to BAU working across the different business units. The individual will be expected to coordinate and manage the activities of those involved in the conversion(s) which could be up to 10-15 individuals located in different time zones. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. To make that happen we need teams like yours to help navigate employees and the organization as a whole. In your role you will strive for cutting-edge solutions, that are straightforward and scalable. You will help us build resilience and execute day to day deliverables at our best.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
As an Alpha Professional Services Implementation Lead, VP, you will
What we value
- Coordinates and drives the deliverables of conversion planning and testing in order to meet the milestones
- Creates data maps to show the flow from legacy systems to the in-house system using existing functionality and processes
- Drives the data conversion development lifecycle and methodology including requirements analysis, solution design, client acceptance, timeline creation, implementation, unit testing, deployment tools, and maintenance
- Leads issue resolution and gap closure in terms of data provided or discrepancies in data between legacy presentation and the future state model based on the feedback provided
- Heads all conversion events which includes some weekend activity and off hours
- Serves as client facing lead for all conversion related activity with client and internal business units
- Serves as an SME speaking to details as required while managing multiple processes
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Excellent Communication Skills with ability to effectively run meetings and collaborate across teams and functions
- Ability to work in a high paced environment, be flexible, follow tight deadlines, organize and prioritize work. Weekend work required.
- Ability to proactively identify potential issues and drive resolution.
- Leadership and effective management skills
- 10+ years of relevant Financial Industry Experience required, preferably Investment Management, Asset Management
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, SharePoint and Access skills, as well as Microsoft Project or other project management software experience
- Solid understanding of Data Warehouses and Databases including SQL
- High Level knowledge or experience in Capital markets including Middle & Back Office, Securities, Bank Loans, IBOR / ABOR, Transaction Mgmt or system knowledge of Eagle, Eagle Star, PAM, Portia, WSO or other is expected.
- Experience owning initiatives / projects related to Middle & Back Office Client On boarding
This is a leadership position and will be expected to bring the regional and global teams together to collaborate across current and future deals About State Street What we do.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers