About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.
Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world's most successful individuals, families and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 22,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Hybrid: We have a balanced hybrid working model to ensure you get the flexibility you need, and the successful candidate will spend their time between working in the office and working from home.
Northern Trust is looking to recruit professionals for its Bangalore Centre. Successful recruit would be part of Northern Trust's Capital Markets Credit Risk Team. This is a highly visible role, to work on key regulatory projects, frequent interaction with business partners across the globe.
Job title: Associate Consultant
Experience: 4 to 6 years of relevant experience
The key responsibilities of the role include:
• Delivery of key Northern Trust's Capital market risk functions covering a range of risk related areas which include Counterparty Credit Risk monitoring, Market Risk monitoring for Global Securities Lending, Global Foreign Exchange and Treasury activities of the bank (Investment portfolio of the bank)
• Engage with the wider risk organization and Capital Markets businesses to resolve credit issues with respect to credit limit excesses, reallocation of limits between products.
• Engage in the support of new business products and consult businesses to operationalize new business products/processes from a credit risk perspective
• Work closely with oversight risk committees presenting explanations for trends and issues identified through the analysis, monitoring and reporting process of risks related to the Capital Markets businesses.
• Support risk analysis for Securities Finance counterparty portfolios as required by Credit Risk Management Policies. Responsibilities include - VaR model execution, analysis and presentation to Committees.
• Support the Stress Testing process for Capital Market products. Responsibilities include - model execution, analysis, and presentation to Committees.
• Interact with internal and external auditors on Counterparty Credit and Regulatory process topics
• Support in Internal transformation projects impacting one or more products. Support in creating requirement documentations, working with various teams, impact analysis, testing.
• Contribute and own credit committee tasks - working with stakeholders to create the meeting materials, action logs, overall owner for the committee material etc.
• Well versed with risk related concepts, business processes, and reporting requirements and must be able to communicate effectively through both written and verbal communication with senior management and other partners.
• Facilitate and Support strong controls over data, reports, and analysis, including automation, reconciliation and testing
• Partner should be able to understand and quickly adapt to risk systems and technology to design strategies and support complete, correct and timely reporting
• Perform documentation, procedures and controls to enable accurate and timely reporting.
• 4+ years of experience in one or more of the following areas of financial services is desired: Credit and Counterparty risk
• Strong knowledge of financial services and good understanding of at least one regulation impacting credit and counterparty - Basel RWA Calculation, SCCL
• Good understanding of financial products like derivatives, repo-style transactions, securitization etc.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated success challenging and influencing outcomes
• Experience with any of the industry products - Adenza, Murex, MSCI Risk Manager, Cognos, Power BI etc., is an added advantage
• Strong data, analytical, and problem solving skills
• Strong hands-on experience with advanced excel
Qualifications: MBA and relevant industry experience
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, greater achievements await. You will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture in an organization where financial strength and stability is an asset that emboldens us to explore new ideas. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company committed to assisting the communities we serve! Join a workplace with a greater purpose.
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today. #MadeForGreater
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email our HR Service Center at MyHRHelp@ntrs.com.
We hope you're excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.