Corporate and Investment Banking provides corporate customers with a full range of commercial banking products and services, including cash management services, current accounts, time deposits, trade finance, working capital finance, term loans and foreign exchange. Through our continued commitment, DBS has cultivated long-standing relationships with its customers in the region that are based on account relationship management, service differentiation, product development and rigorous credit standards. Responsibilities
- Build portfolio of corporate clients in the metals and mining space by increasing product penetration and actively cross selling of bank's products in conjunction with product groups and colleagues in the region.
- Formulate, complete, and execute account plans for identified clients in the assigned portfolio to increase share of wallet by generating solutions and cross-sell of project finance, capital markets (Debt Capital Markets, Equity Capital Markets and M&A), transaction banking services (Cash and Trade) and treasury, working closely in conjunction with product groups and colleagues in the region.
- Work with DBS Geographies to grow regional industry wallet revenue by raising awareness of industry developments and its ensuing opportunities and risk, deal flow and deal structures. Jointly target new clients and drive joint account planning for existing portfolio.
- Ensure and support regular client engagement at both working level and C-suite level. These should be supported by timely pre-meeting briefing notes with relevant talking points and actionable call reports.
- Structure, handle trade financing solutions tailored to specific needs of commodity clients.
- Prepare credit applications (quantitative and qualitative client analysis), credit renewal and undertake periodic review of credit files ensuring accuracy, timeliness and supported by sufficient depth of analysis and synthesized industry insights.
- Evaluate financial models with P&L, B/S and cash-flow projections based on sound business and market assumptions with high level of competence.
- Ensure quality, accuracy, and relevance of high-quality pitches to clients by product partners.
- Generate excellent returns on risk adjusted assets and equity that commensurate with the Bank's acceptable risk parameters
- Monitor and manage accounts actively, being alert to credit deterioration or improvement, and taking timely action including elevation to senior bankers and credit.
- Lead loan & security documentation and negotiations with high degree of competence.
- Degree holder in Finance, Economics or related discipline.
- Minimum 10 years of banking experience, relevant experience in trade and commodity finance preferred, especially experience in dealing with metals and mining type clients.
- Good understanding and appreciation as well as ability to mitigate transactional risks in structured trade and commodity finance transactions.
- Strong credit and financial analytical skills with the ability to independently prepare credit applications for approvals,
- Demonstrated willingness to learn and committed to a career in the commodity space.
- Team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Results-oriented and strong business connections in identifying and developing business opportunities.
- Track record and experience in this aspect will be an advantage.
- Fluent in Mandarin and English