FIND YOUR 'BETTER' AT AIA
We don't simply believe in being 'The Best'. We believe in better - because there's no limit to how far 'better' can take us.
We believe in empowering every one of our people to find their 'better' - in the work they do, the career they build, the life they live and the difference they make. So that together we can support even more people - including our own - to live Healthier, Longer, Better Lives. If you believe in better, we'd love to hear from you. About the Role
Provide credit coverage of EM (Middle East, LATAM) debt transactions to broaden and expand the fixed income investment universe for country investment teams and AMC. Roles and Responsibilities:
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Expand the investible universe by constantly evaluating new issuers and be able to cover a large number of names given a very busy new issuance pipeline in the region
- Provide accurate detailed credit proposals and bond valuations on new bond transactions under a very tight timeline
- Secure investment approval for bond investment opportunities in Middle East and Latin America from the Group Head of Credit
- Monitor invested names with the aim of zero default; highlight deterioration in credit trends, rating downgrade risk and meaning credit developments and make timely recommendations to Portfolio Managers
- Be able to distill and analyse complex information in addition to financial modelling and communicate complex credit views in a clear and succinct manner that makes it easy to comprehend by Portfolio Managers
- Make strong conviction calls which are backed by rigorous fundamental analysis and not affected by panic sell-offs in the market
- Work with Portfolio Managers on evaluation of new bond investment opportunities by providing credit and relative value views as well as market colour, with the aim of indicating interest early to syndicates so as to achieve the best possible outcome in allocation
- Work with Group Risk to address any concerns they may have on certain credit developments
- Minimum of 10 years in credit - analyzing multiple industries across different geographies; familiar with major credit rating agency methodologies, sovereign and macro-economic issues, market and regulatory trends, and experience in interacting with both senior and experienced professionals within as well as outside the organization.
- Special skills:
- Good spreadsheet, financial modeling, database management and power point skills;
- Familiarity with Bloomberg functionsProficient verbal and written communication skills to effectively relate and articulate credit developments into actionable investment ideas for investment team;
- Team oriented, confident and ability to work well with a broad spectrum of people
Build a career with us as we help our customers and the community live Healthier, Longer, Better Lives.
You must provide all requested information, including Personal Data, to be considered for this career opportunity. Failure to provide such information may influence the processing and outcome of your application. You are responsible for ensuring that the information you submit is accurate and up-to-date.