1. Provides clear, understandable, and actionable observations and insights regarding complex and nuanced investment outcomes.
2. Designs solutions to meet a broad set of investment challenges faced by Calamos’ external clients, such as implementation of Calamos products, providing a second opinion on current models or providing new ideas to optimize portfolios. Performs portfolio optimization, investment research, risk analysis, and designs outcome-oriented solutions tailored to meet these clients’ requests.
3. Creates standard portfolio analysis reports and custom deliverables.
4. Performs comprehensive analysis of existing Calamos strategies to provide objective oversight of performance and risk to help maintain a culture of performance excellence and consistency with product messaging.
5. Provides a high level of tactical analytical support by responding to product related questions. This includes requests on various product structures (i.e. mutual funds, ETFs, closed-end funds, hedge funds and institutional and separately managed accounts) from all distribution channels including intermediary, institutional, offshore, and wealth management, as well as other internal clients.
6. Partners with Product Management, Investment Teams, Portfolio Specialists and other internal resources on developing analysis, exploring findings and passing along all interesting insights to be further developed into marketing materials.
7. Employs the use of technology and partners with the Data Science and Technology teams to scale the production of established analysis and dig deeper into standard reporting to drive new insights.
8. Researches new ideas and opportunities for the firm, identifying investment trends, and analyzing the performance and marketability of existing products. Works closely with Product Management to align the firm’s resources behind key product priorities.
9. Performs related duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor’s degree required preferably in Finance or other related discipline.
2. Minimum 10 years of work experience, with at least 7 years of experience in the asset management industry. Experience in product management, performance analytics or portfolio construction a plus.
3. CFA, CAIA or CFP designations.
4. Series 6 and/or 7 licenses required.
5. Foundational knowledge of the asset management services and investment industry.
6. High attention to detail; maintaining a high standard of deliverables, consistent with the Product team culture
7. Well-developed analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to prepare a variety of management reports. Able to interpret data from analytical software such as Morningstar Direct, FactSet, Bloomberg, eVestment, etc.
8. Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to interact with all levels of the organization.
9. Proficient in Morningstar Direct, Zephyr, FactSet, Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint.