Mesirow is an independent, employee-owned financial services firm founded in 1937. Headquartered in Chicago, with offices around the world, Mesirow serves clients through capabilities spanning Global Investment Management, Capital Markets and Investment Banking, and Advisory Services. We are proud that our intentional culture results in strong employee engagement, entrepreneurship and empowerment, with ongoing opportunities for volunteerism and advancement. Mesirow was recently named one of the Best Places to Work in Chicago by Crain’s Chicago Business and one of the Top 100 RIA firms by Barron’s. At Mesirow, we invest in what matters: our clients, our communities, and our culture.
A Chicago-based financial services firm with over $15 billion in assets under management for institutional clients is interested in adding an investment professional to its equity investment team.
- Support existing sector analysts in their coverage of the Materials and REIT industries, with a path toward assuming primary coverage.
- Perform financial statement analysis and produce earnings forecasts for potential portfolio investments.
- Present (written and verbal) recommendations for potential portfolio investments.
- Attend company and broker-sponsored meetings and conferences.
- Position may also involve other research-related administration.
- The ideal candidate will have 1-5 years of fundamental research experience, possess an undergraduate degree in business, and progress towards the CFA designation.
- Candidate must have a passion for capital markets and be a detail-oriented self-starter.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written are necessary.
- The desire to work in an entrepreneurial and team-oriented culture is critical.