Overview of Division/Department
- Asia and Oceania Credit department covers credit transaction approval and rating assessment for borrowers, guarantors etc.
- Coverage is basically for large customer in South East Asia, South Asia and Oceania region. (Not cover East Asia) Not targeting small companies or individuals.
MIZUHO BANK LTD IS THE BANKING SUBSIDIARY OF MIZUHO FINANCIAL GROUP OF JAPAN, ONE OF THE WORLD'S LARGEST FINANCIAL SERVICE PROVIDERS. MIZUHO BANK SINGAPORE BRANCH HOLDS A FULL BANK LICENSE AND PROVIDES BANKING SERVICES TO MORE THAN 2,000 JAPANESE AND NON-JAPANESE CUSTOMERS, OPERATING WITH STAFF STRENGTH OF MORE THAN 700 IN SINGAPORE. ITS PRINCIPAL BUSINESS ENCOMPASSES CORPORATE FINANCE, TRADE FINANCE, CASH MANAGEMENT, FUNDS TRANSFERS, PROJECT FINANCE AND TREASURY. IT ALSO COLLABORATES WITH ITS AFFILIATE COMPANY, MIZUHO SECURITIES, TO PROVIDE INVESTMENT BANKING SOLUTIONS TO ITS CUSTOMERS. SINGAPORE BRANCH ALSO SERVES AS A REGIONAL HEADQUARTER IN APAC REGION. Job Responsibilities
1. Responsible for Country Risk Analysis in Asia and Oceania Region.
2. To conduct country research in Asia and Oceania region from credit stand point.
3. To gather credit-related information on the countries and key industries of those countries from internal and external sources, e.g., branches/departments, customers of the Bank, public authorities and institutions, credit agencies, other banks etc.
4. To make independent, impartial and useful recommendations on credit proposals and credit-related matters to the management of the Department, based on the credit review and analysis.
5. To assign internal sovereign credit ratings in accordance with the rating procedures and other relevant rules imposed by the Bank.
6. To perform all the necessary work for reporting or presentation to GM, Managing Executive Officer (Head of Asia and Oceania region) and Tokyo HQ.
7. To share knowledge and experience in the Department and to branch staffs as educational purpose. Job Requirements
- At least 3 years of sovereign risk analysis, having obtained this preferably from accounting, consulting/advisory or financial institutions. Other relevant experiences in large corporate or multi-national companies will also be considered
- Excellent analytical, communication, and interpersonal skills, as well as an understanding of financial markets and products
- Must be comfortable in a research and analytical role, and with the ability to engage customers for business development when needed
- Travelling within Asia Pacific may be necessary
- Candidate must be a strong team player, with an entrepreneurial spirit towards customer engagement
- A Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance or related disciplines is a minimum requirement for applicants, while MBA or Post-Graduate qualifications in economics accreditation would be highly desirable