Zevenbergen Capital Investments LLC (ZCI) is a forward-thinking, boutique investment advisory firm with roughly $4B AUM specializing in growth equity investing utilizing fundamental, bottom-up research. With more than 35 years of history in serving institutional, mutual fund, and individual clients across the U.S., the firm is looking to add a collaborative client service leader with a strong track record of both client service and business development to our office located in the greater Seattle area.
The Senior Institutional Client Relationship Manager will implement strategies and create the roadmap to nurture and grow institutional assets under management (pensions, foundations, corporations, consultants, and family offices). This role is responsible for maintaining high levels of client satisfaction with existing clients and working with the team to cultivate an active pipeline of new institutional clients. This is a great opportunity for an individual looking to make an impact and excited to drive continued growth at a firm with a strong track record of identifying companies with disruptive technologies and embracing volatility as a means to long-term investment returns.
The ideal candidate has significant experience serving institutional contacts with whom to share the Zevenbergen story. A strong knowledge of equity markets (CFA designation is preferred), and exceptional writing and presentation skills are required. This role will work closely with teams across the organization (portfolio managers, service, operations, and compliance).
This teammate will be trusted with a high level of responsibility, welcome challenges, embrace an interesting and dynamic workflow, adapt to a fast-paced and demanding environment, balance significant priorities, possess outstanding people and project management skills, and communicate effectively with all members of the ZCI team, clients and external parties. This candidate should be resourceful, creative, flexible, resilient, highly inquisitive, and have a demonstrated history of exercising sound judgment working through challenging scenarios to bring about effective solutions.
Institutional Client Relationship Manager (75%)
- Primary investment contact and relationship manager with focused attention to the Institutional channel. Must be comfortable discussing separately managed accounts, mutual funds, model portfolio platforms, and sub-advised relationships. Provides leadership to client service team members to coordinate and assist with the preparation and delivery of all monthly, quarterly, and annual materials for client and consultant research including performance reports, attribution, commentary, investment guideline, and other relevant client deliverables. Conducts regular in-person and virtual meetings with existing clients; set regular agendas for meetings, document follow-up, and communicate key takeaways to all interested parties. Coordinates regular internal communications and updates the service team on issues such as organizational changes, new investment guidelines, and contract renewal discussions. Serves as an internal champion for the firm’s client service platform and manages the improvement process over time. Works collaboratively with internal teams – specifically: Investment teams and portfolio managers, client service, RFP, and other institutional sales members to facilitate timely responses to client requests. Ensure compliance with ZCI’s policies, procedures, and practices in all facets of client relationships.
Business Development – Institutional channel (25%)
- Construct and execute a strategic sales plan to acquire new institutional clients and raise assets within the domestic institutional market. The plan should include strategies for pursuing prospective clients by type and geography. Be responsible for the entire sales process, from start to finish, including coordinating finals (new prospects) meetings, account onboarding, and transition to the Client Service team. Educate and provide thought leadership to investors, highlighting the benefits of specific allocations of our products. Present at relevant investment conferences and panels. Aggregate and report relevant metrics to ZCI’s senior management. Embrace sales management software systems (e.g. Dynamics CRM, Black Diamond, Advent APX).
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS FOR CONSIDERATION
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Business Administration, Finance, or Economics; CFA preferred; CFP or Series 65 required. Minimum 10+ years of work experience in a client-facing sales role; Demonstrated success in growing assets under management. Growth equity background and experience managing volatile market conditions preferred. Highly competent communicator with critical thinking and strong written and verbal skills; ability to clearly articulate details of investment philosophy, process, results, and outlook. Curate key messaging for quarterly reports. Ability to discuss portfolios independent from the Portfolio Management team, understand key metrics of the portfolio, identify trends, and recognize macro implications. Investment professional who can speak on behalf of the Portfolio Management team with institutional clients, consultants, and prospects. Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with the right level of confidence to present and promote ideas internally and externally. Outstanding analytical and organizational skills, resourceful and inquisitive, analytical problem solver; ability to work independently or with a team to meet tight deadlines. Ethical and trustworthy individual who can handle highly confidential/sensitive information. Technology proficiency: Bloomberg and/or Eikon, CRM (Dynamics preferred).
- Locally based or willing to relocate. Willingness to work flexible hours, meet with company executives, and travel based on client meeting schedules.
- Base salary range: $175,000 to $215,000. The starting salary offer will vary based on the applicant’s education, experience, skills, abilities, geographic location, internal equity, and alignment with market data.
- ZCI offers a comprehensive benefits package to full-time employees.
We have made every attempt to convey an accurate description of this position’s main responsibilities, but in no way does this imply that these are the sole duties to be performed as part of employment.
Zevenbergen Capital is an equal opportunity employer. Our firm strives to create a workplace of diversity and to that end, will respect each person’s unique contributions, no matter his or her race, creed, color, religion, sex, disability, national origin, honorably discharged veteran or military status, political ideology, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, age, or gender identity. These principles apply to our practices in recruitment, hiring, training, job assignment, promotion, rates of pay, benefits or other forms of compensation, termination, and other terms and conditions of employment.