Key Responsibilities / Duties:
- Provide well developed investment recommendations at issuer and industry sector level to assist positioning across Client's Global Fixed Income portfolios. Coverage mainly focuses on but not limited to issuers from emerging and frontier markets.
- Provide rating assessment, default probability, recovery analysis, and investment recommendations for issuers under coverage, including but not limited to those in stressed/distressed/special situations in both public and private space. Involve in deal sourcing and deal structuring as requested where opportunities arise.
- Conduct dialogues with issuers on both fundamental and ESG related concerns.
- Use Client's proprietary investment platform to record and update all investment and ESG related views on a timely basis.
- Assist in monitoring performance and pro-actively review investment recommendations to produce consistent long-term results
- Interact with clients, brokers and consultants to promote Client's Fixed Income products as required.
- Examine and monitor legislative, regulatory and economic developments across the sector, assisting the investment decision-making process.
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements and laws.
Work Experience / Knowledge:
- Would typically have over 5 years' experiences of analysing issuers from emerging markets and/or frontier markets.
- A track record in analysis of issuer fundamentals and familiar with international rating agencies' relevant methodologies.
- Possessing strong credit research skills, this individual will have demonstrated success as a decision-maker.
- Experiences of covering issuers in stressed/distressed/special situations are preferred.
- Past involvement in deal sourcing and deal structuring is an advantage.
- Fluency in Mandarin Chinese or other Asian languages is a plus.