: Associate, Review & Validation Grade/Level
( relevant for internal applicants only ): 11 The Location:
New York, NY; Chicago, IL; London, UK Team
: The Review & Validation team has global responsibility for the review and validation of all S&P Global Ratings' methodologies, including models and criteria. S&P Global Ratings' methodologies contain all our key analytical principles and assumptions. They provide the framework for all of our published credit ratings and analyses and, as such, represent our most significant intellectual property. What's in it for you
- Work in a dynamic environment in a team that has global, cross-sector responsibilities.
- Opportunity to work in a collegial culture with good potential for professional development and career growth.
Personal initiative, independence, strong time management skills, and an inquisitive mindset are emphasized, providing the perfect environment for highly motivated individuals. Responsibilities
- For ratings criteria:
- Support validation and review activities by conducting various statistical/quantitative analyses in the evaluation of ratings and ratings criteria performance, including (as relevant) back-testing and stress testing to verify the soundness of the assumptions and calibration with established benchmarks and ratings definitions.
- Conduct research to identify key credit trends and sector risks and apply to identify performance anomalies, and ascertain causalities.
- Contribute to reports and help present and defend conclusions and any findings to relevant bodies.
- For models:
- Test and validate quantitative financial models and engines.
- Interact with quantitative staff to gather model related information and clarify model related questions.
- Interact with business unit staff to gather model related information and clarify model related questions.
- Contribute to the continuing research and development of new tools, and to the wider continuing development of the review & validation function.
- Display well-rounded communication skills that implement good listening techniques, clear and concise writing style, as well as strong verbal skills.
- Manage multiple tasks and adhere to regular deadlines.
- Advanced degree (or equivalent) in Economics, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Quantitative/Mathematical Finance, Data Science or other relevant program.
- 1+ years of full-time relevant work experience in debt/capital markets, credit analysis/research, quantitative finance, model development or validation.
- Good quantitative financial knowledge in the areas of stochastic interest rate modeling, prepayment modeling, spread modeling, default modeling and cash flow modeling.
- Good quantitative skills in the areas of structured finance, credit derivatives, default and recovery modeling and credit risk management.
- Good programming skills in SAS, MATLAB, C++, R or Python. Strong proficiency with Excel & VBA.
- Well-rounded communication skills that implement strong listening techniques, clear, concise writing style, and strong verbal skills.
- Works well in a team environment, focusing on collaboration and adapting to the demands of a diverse team.
- Adept at managing multiple tasks and adhering to regular deadlines.
Return to Work
- MBA or another relevant post-graduate degree is a plus.
- Strong proficiency using scripted query languages is a plus.
- 2+ years of experience in data science or related field is a plus.
Have you taken time out for caring responsibilities and are now looking to return to work? As part of our Return to Work initiative, we are encouraging enthusiastic and talented returners to apply, and will actively support your return to the workplace Compensation/Benefits Information (US Applicants Only):
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $85,700 to $170,400 . Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive plan.
This role is eligible to receive additional S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires . About Company Statement : S&P Global delivers essential intelligence that powers decision making.
We provide the world's leading organizations with the right data, connected technologies and expertise they need to move ahead. As part of our team, you'll help solve complex challenges that equip businesses, governments and individuals with the knowledge to adapt to a changing economic landscape. S&P Global Ratings
offers critical insights for credit, risk and sustainable finance solutions that are essential to translating complexity into clarity, so market participants can uncover opportunities.
----------------------------------------------------------- Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person. US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), ANLYTC202.2 - Middle Professional Tier II (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority - Ratings - (Strategic Workforce Planning) Job ID:
291770 Posted On:
New York, New York, United States