The role covers a range of responsibilities including daily management of physical positions, pricing and valuation queries, trade affirmation, and resolving booking discrepancies. Additionally, the role has responsibilities for T+1 reconciliations across a wide range of Commodity products, exchanges, and Prime Brokers. The role is broad in nature but more detailed daily duties include:
- Resolving valuation queries from Portfolio Managers on live risk/P&L
- Daily trade market value management across all listed Commodity Products
- Live monitoring of EU Power and Gas and wider commodity products.
- Manage Power auctions and intraday Gas positions.
- Intraday top day trade monitoring.
- Working with PMs/Execution desk to ensure correct capture.
- Dealing with and processing expiries across a number of Commodity products across various exchanges on both cash and physical deliveries.
- Managing broker relationships and having oversight of our third party vendors across a broad range of functions that are performed cross product on a daily basis
- Continue to develop and improve a robust operational control framework.
- Maintaining the integrity of firm financing rates and accruals and ensuring accurate month end billing for both Prime and Execution Brokers.
- Ensure regulatory reporting requirements are met for EU Physical Commodity products.
To be considered for the position you must have over five years' experience working within a commodities middle office or trading assistant function. Exposure to European Power and Gas is highly sought after and any coverage across Base metals, Oil and coal. Furthermore, you would want practical experience in dealing with delivery periods on Commodities products and working with various systems such as Trayport, Openlink and Murex.
Please apply direct to find out more about the opportunity.