As a Barclays Distressed SME you will manage a diverse portfolio of Secondary debt trades from trade date through to settlement. You will collaborate within a small team managing highly distressed and complex transactions. You will have an exciting chance to be responsible as a technical expert in distressed debt settlement for the business, providing insight and analysis of complex situations. Supporting and driving new product types and trading strategy.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality, and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity - helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
At Barclays, we offer a hybrid working experience that blends the positives of working alongside colleagues at our onsite locations, together with working from home. We have a structured approach where colleagues work at an onsite location on fixed, 'anchor', days of the week, for a minimum of two days a week or more, as set by the business area (or nearest equivalent if working part-time hours). Please discuss the working pattern requirements for the role you are applying for with the hiring manager. Please note that as we continue to embed our hybrid working environment, we remain in a test and learn phase, which means that working arrangements may be subject to change on reasonable notice to ensure we meet the needs of our business.
What will you be doing?
• Driving the co-ordination and management of distressed transactions traded by the Credit business, actively leading communications and outcomes with key stakeholders
• Being responsible for managing corporate actions and distressed debt restructures, with detailed analysis and substantiation of PnL
• Providing operational insight into booking together with documentation review and voting submission on behalf of the firm
• Drafting and reviewing legal documentation across multi jurisdictions, covering all distressed debt (not limited to loans) Warrants, Shares, Equities, Bonds and Rights
• Being responsible for reviewing loan documentation to ascertain the transferability requirements pre and post trade
• Being responsible for anaging deals associated to Spanish and French notaries, liaising with external and internal legal counsel ensuring all requirements are adhered to
What we're looking for:
• Previous experience working in a similar role
• Extensive experience in the Secondary Loans space with an in depth knowledge covering Distressed debt transactions and experience of creating bespoke documentation
• Ability to be self-sufficient at handling a large portfolio of distressed trades, adopting a cradle-to-grave approach
• Ability to drive operational decision making, provide solutions through analytical thought, presenting options and expected outcomes to key stakeholders across the firm
Skills that will help you in the role
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Excel and PowerPoint and have processing experience in ACBS
• Advanced level of communication is key, including interactive listening to further negotiation across teams/client
Where will you be working?
In the heart of Canary Wharf, our headquarters at Churchill Place boasts onsite amenities such as; a gym, staff restaurant and deli bar, and is easily accessible by tube and bus links. With a population of around 5000 staff the atmosphere is second to none with a real buzz being created around the offices within.