Jefferies 2023 Technology - Fixed Income Business Analyst (VP or Strong AVP)About Jefferies
Jefferies Financial Group Inc. (''Jefferies,'' ''we,'' ''us'' or ''our'') is a U.S.-headquartered global full service, integrated investment banking and securities firm. Our largest subsidiary, Jefferies LLC, a U.S. broker-dealer, was founded in the U.S. in 1962 and our first international operating subsidiary, Jefferies International Limited, a U.K. broker-dealer, was established in the U.K. in 1986. Our strategy focuses on continuing to build out our investment banking effort, enhancing our capital markets businesses and further developing our Leucadia Asset Management alternative asset management platform. We offer deep sector expertise across a full range of products and services in investment banking, equities, fixed income, asset and wealth management in the Americas, Europe and the Middle East and Asia.What you can expect:
We are seeking a Business Analyst with a technical background to be part of the Fixed Income Technology team, directly supporting the Front Office within Jefferies and taking a key role in further developing the Jefferies trading systems.
The successful candidate should be capable of designing solutions to business requirements alongside a development team, a background in Fixed Income would be beneficial.
Involves working closely with the European Credit Repo, Repo flow trading teams. This role provides the opportunity for the successful applicant to grow their skills and experience within Fixed Income area, and of fixed income technologies.Key Responsibilities
Person SpecificationThe following skills and experience are mandatory for this role:
- Working with the business to define their requirements and develop solutions
- Working with the development team on specifying and verifying system enhancements
- Working with QA team on ensuring enhancements are thoroughly tested
- Understanding business and technical architecture
- Excellent team player, but with the ability to work independently and take ownership of requests to their conclusion
- Two or more years' experience as a Business Analyst or relevant experience within Fixed Income Technology
- Experience of working to structured development processes and methodologies
- High attention to detail and strong technical knowledge
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Scripting (any languages considered), ETL tools, DB knowledge
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Fixed Income Repo trading experience, preferably with experience of working with ION Anvil Repo solution
- Understanding of Repo, Bilateral, GC, Triparty, MatchBook, Specials trading workflows
- Knowledge of front to back-office workflows
- Excellent problem-solving skills and initiative; able to find innovative and elegant solutions to complex problems.
- A passion for technology which drives architecturally sound design
- Good communication skills with high standards in visual, written and oral communication.
- Ability to build strong relationships with both technical and non-technical team members.
- Disciplined and independent personal management skills - can work to deadlines and standards with a minimum of supervision when required.
- Enthusiastic and energetic in the execution of their tasks
- Commercially aware; focused on achieving the right results with good, maintainable solutions
- A logical aptitude
At Jefferies, we believe that diversity fosters creativity, innovation and thought leadership through the infusion of new ideas and perspectives. We have made a commitment to building a culture that provides opportunities for all employees regardless of our differences and supports a workforce that is reflective of the communities where we work and live. As a result, we are able to pool our collective insights and intelligence to provide fresh and innovative thinking for our clients.
Jefferies is an equal employment opportunity employer. We practice equal opportunity for all, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, pregnancy, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, genetic information, reproductive health decisions, or any other factor protected by law. We are committed to hiring the most qualified applicants and complying with all federal, state, and local equal employment opportunity laws. As part of this commitment, Jefferies will extend reasonable accommodations to individuals with qualified disabilities, as appropriate, under applicable law.
Jefferies's latest COVID-19 policy, please click Jefferies' COVID-19 Policy - APAC/EMEA