S&P Global Ratings Associate, Credit Analyst - Transportation Sector (12 month fixed term contract) The Team:
The EMEA Transportation and Business Services Sector Teams provide Corporate Ratings and research for cyclical transport companies (such as airlines, shipping, and logistics companies) as well as for B2B service companies (in fields such as catering, facility management, security, and professional services). We are a dynamic team covering both the fast-moving transportation industries and the rapidly growing business and consumer services sector, with a focus on strong teamwork, high quality analytics and excellent client service. The Impact:
The individual will be able to demonstrate analytical excellence, and good presentation skills in front of internal and external audiences and maintain and enhance the quality and timeliness of our analysis. Moreover, you must demonstrate an ability to work at board level and represent S&P Global Ratings in a highly professional manner to global investors. You will be required to prepare for and fully engage in meetings with senior management teams to extract and assess information relating to credit quality and to explain our credit rating opinions. Strong presentation and organizational skills are also required to present detailed information and reasoned opinions to our credit rating committees. What's in it for you:
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a high performing analytical team. The successful candidate will have an established track record in credit analysis and will be proficient at doing research and drafting issuer and sector analysis. You will also have strong communication skills (both written and verbal) and a passion for service excellence. Responsibilities:
What We're Looking For:
- We are looking for a credit analyst to join our team to be based in our London office to provide 12-month cover. Key responsibilities will include:
- Manage and maintain surveillance on a rating portfolio of up to 15 credits in the transportation sector.
- Perform credit analysis and identify key factors that affect issue and issuer credit ratings, through the application of the relevant S&P Global Corporate Ratings methodology.
- Lead new transaction and issuer ratings analysis and deliver outcomes in a timely, orderly and insightful manner.
- Develop and maintain an understanding of industry trends and issues.
- Take responsibility for a portfolio of ratings as a primary analyst.
- Act as backup analyst as required, attending meetings in support of colleagues, providing cover for colleagues who are temporarily unavailable due to holidays or business travel.
- Actively participate in rating committees.
- Attend meetings and interact with senior management of issuers to obtain information upon which to base credit rating decisions.
- Present findings and opinions to a credit rating committee.
- Prepare a variety of material suitable for publication on S&P Global Ratings credit portal and other media (such as rating reports, press releases, and detailed commentaries) sufficient to disseminate and explain our ratings on a timely basis.
- Participate in periodic thematic portfolio reviews in conjunction with the rest of the team.
- Participate actively in publishing and investor outreach activities.
- Share specific analytical expertise, any useful know how, and ideas to support continuous improvement.
- Be an analytical role model for colleagues and junior analysts.
- Maintain integrity of analytical or compliance related databases as appropriate.
- Typically, at S&P Global for a role at this level we would look for 4 or more years' experience with a large commercial bank, investment bank, investing institution or an audit company, or other credit institutions, working in the field of corporate credit analysis.
- Have strong analytical skills with a deep understanding of financial statements and accounting concepts.
- Be numerate and accurate with figures and detail orientated with the ability to maintain accuracy whilst complying with deadlines.
- Be proficient at working with financial models.
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English are essential.
- The ability to work both independently and within a team environment is critical.
- Be educated to degree level in a relevant business-related field, a relevant master's degree, CFA or financial qualification would be desirable.
- Be willing to travel, sometimes at short notice.
- Be computer literate having strong Excel/Word/PowerPoint and database application skills. Ability to prepare forecasts based upon reasoned assumptions will be required.
- Prior knowledge of the Transportation sector would be an advantage.
: Grade 11 (for internal purposes)
Here at S&P Global we believe in offering a competitive transparent benefits package. In London this includes a Wellbeing Support Program, Recharge (S&P Global's flexible time-off approach under which there is no prescribed maximum amount of time off you can take), our hybrid working model, our Parental Leave, and Give Back Days (five days of paid leave per calendar year to spend volunteering in your community). We encourage you to ask about our benefits during our screening process with our talent acquisition team. S&P Global delivers essential intelligence that powers decision making.
We provide the world's leading organizations with the right data, connected technologies and expertise they need to move ahead. As part of our team, you'll help solve complex challenges that equip businesses, governments and individuals with the knowledge to adapt to a changing economic landscape.""
"" S&P Global Ratings
is the world's leading provider of independent credit ratings. Our ratings are essential to driving growth, providing transparency, and helping educate market participants so they can make decisions with confidence. We have more than 1 million credit ratings outstanding on government, corporate, financial sector and structured finance entities and securities. We offer an independent view of the market built on a unique combination of broad perspective and local insight. We provide our opinions and research about relative credit risk; market participants gain independent information to help support the growth of transparent, liquid debt markets worldwide.""
S&P Global has a Securities Disclosure and Trading Policy (the Policy) that seeks to mitigate conflicts of interest by monitoring and placing restrictions on personal securities holding and trading. The Policy is designed to promote compliance with global regulations. In some Divisions, pursuant to the Policy's requirements, candidates at S&P Global may be asked to disclose securities holdings. Some roles may include a trading prohibition and remediation of positions when there is an effective or potential conflict of interest. Employment at S&P Global is contingent upon compliance with the Policy." """
----------------------------------------------------------- Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to:" EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com "and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person." US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf" describes discrimination protections under federal law.
202 - Middle Professional (EEO Job Group) (inactive), 20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), RATNGS202.2 - Middle Professional Tier II (EEO Job Group) Job ID:
291685 Posted On:
London, United Kingdom