PIMCO is a global leader in active fixed income with deep expertise across public and private markets. We invest our clients' capital across a range of fixed income and credit opportunities, leveraging our decades of experience navigating complex debt markets. Our flexible capital base and deep relationships with issuers have helped us become one of the world's largest providers of traditional and nontraditional solutions for companies that need financing and investors who seek strong risk-adjusted returns.
Since 1971, our people have shaped our organization through a high-performance inclusive culture, in which we celebrate diverse thinking. We invest in our people and strive to imprint our CORE values of Collaboration, Openness, Responsibility and Excellence. We believe each of us is here to help others succeed and this has led to PIMCO being recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO seeks a dynamic individual to serve as a Senior Compliance Officer within the global compliance team of PIMCO's Legal and Compliance Department. The Compliance Officer will support the U.S. Registered Funds 38a-1 compliance program which generally consists of: open-end funds, exchange traded funds, closed-end funds, business development companies and interval funds. A highly qualified candidate will be based in PIMCO's New York Office.
The Compliance Officer will be responsible for supporting the Funds' Chief Compliance Officer and the US Registered Funds team in:
- providing direct support to the US registered closed-end funds that operate as interval funds and/ or business development companies
- the implementation of new and evolving regulatory requirements,
- performing an annual review of the Fund's service providers, compliance policies and procedures, and
- assisting with the documentation and oversight of the Fund's affiliate and third-party service providers and
A successful candidate will also be expected to maintain a general understanding of related investment company, broker-dealer and investment advisory compliance policies, specific regulatory focus areas and their relevance to the U.S. Registered Funds.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Professional Skills Requirements
- Support the development and implementation of the U.S. Registered Funds compliance program, working closely with members of the Legal and Compliance Department to evaluate identified risks and adherence to policies and procedures by relevant business groups and service providers
- Oversight and administration of the funds compliance program which includes ownership for compliance program requirements related to co-investment exemptive relief granted by the SEC
- Experience with evaluating evolving regulatory requirements and supporting compliance program enhancements designed to prepare business partners and the firm for compliance with new rules
- Experience evaluating external requests for information and drafting appropriate responses regarding the funds compliance program
- Participate in the ongoing implementation and execution of the Fund's risk assessment and testing program, including:
- assessing key business processes and critical business risk and controls;
- developing and updating the Fund's risk matrix;
- documenting a written testing plan and compliance testing procedures;
- executing testing of procedures and internal controls of critical business areas;
- evaluating, documenting and presenting results of test work; and
- identifying enhancements and remedial actions required to address compliance observations
- Assist with the oversight of the Fund's service providers by executing the agreed upon diligence as determined by the Fund's CCO and members of the Legal and Compliance department which includes:
- Review of relevant service provider policies and procedures including material changes;
- Review of periodic certifications and annual due diligence questionnaires to identify issues for escalation and resolution;
- Execute surveillance to monitor key risks and controls related to Fund service providers;
- Monitor issues and document resolution for recordkeeping and reporting purposes; and
- Assist in coordination meetings with business stakeholders that have "first line" responsibilities for 3rd party service providers
- Collect information to assist in the efficient preparation of quarterly, annual and periodic reporting to a Board of Independent Trustees (including 15c reporting)
- Work with members of various teams and departments including Legal, Operations, Finance, Portfolio Management and PSG to identify and address regulatory matters
- Must take initiative in learning and applying new skills and regulations
- Have a strong sense of integrity, behaving consistently with expressed values and ethical principles of PIMCO
- Prior experience in '40 Act products including closed end funds, interval funds or business development companies is required
- Excellent communication and presentation skills including the ability to articulate clear ideas/strategies
- Intelligent, bright, critical thinker, and a quick learner with the ability to assess a situation and identify issues for further action
- Ability to balance regulatory and policy standards along with a practical business perspective
- A highly motivated self-starter with the willingness to "roll up your sleeves" and identify opportunities for enhancement
- Exceptional organizational skills; the ability to effectively prioritize tasks, follow up, produce consistently accurate work, and meet strict deadlines
- Highly flexible, multi-task oriented: capable of changing directions based on business demands
- Consensus builder and team player with demonstrated self-awareness, cultural skills, and sensitivities to work effectively in a global organization
- Working knowledge of MS Office suite including Word and Excel
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent, JD will be considered favorably
- 5-8 years of work experience focused on Registered '40 Act products, ideally at a major financial services firm or global asset manager
- Strong attention to detail, analytical and issue-spotting skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in a written and oral manner
- Ability to work independently and be a strong team player
- Substantial initiative, creativity and drive
- Efficiently utilize tools such as Excel spreadsheets, macros, query tools, and external databases
- Utilize effective time management skills to maintain a commitment to quality and attention to detail; ensure that all work is completed accurate and on time
- General knowledge of regulatory requirements applicable to US investment managers and broker-dealers, including the Investment Company Act of 1940 and Investment Advisers Act (knowledge of FINRA rules is a plus)
- Strong background in fixed income, alternatives, derivatives, commodities and equity strategies offered in a variety of investment products including (i.e., open-end mutual funds, closed-end funds, ETFs, separate accounts and private funds)
PIMCO follows a total compensation approach when rewarding employees which includes a base salary and a discretionary bonus. Base salary is the fixed component of compensation that is determined by core job responsibilities, relevant experience, internal level, and market factors. The discretionary bonus is used to award performance and therefore is determined by company, business, team, and individual performance.
Salary Range: $ 150,000.00 - $ 225,000.00
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Statement
PIMCO recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and expression), age, military or veteran status, disability (physical or mental), any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state, provincial and municipal laws. The company also prohibits discrimination on other basis such as medical condition, or marital status under applicable laws.
Applicants with Disabilities
PIMCO is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including veterans, in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system due to a disability and you would like to request an accommodation, you may contact us at 949-720-7744 and leave a message. This is a dedicated line designed exclusively to assist job seekers with disabilities to apply online. Only messages left for this purpose will be considered. A response to your request may take up to two business days.