Gresham Hunt have partnered with a Leading UK Banking Group who are looking to recruit a Model Validation Senior Analyst to join their Group Model Risk Management team based in London.
The Bank are a well known and respected Financial Services group, and they are know to provide excellent benefits along with a great work life balance to their employees.
• Conducting model validations on the banks internal ratings based models based on regulatory guidance, internal policy and procedures and best industry practice and communicate findings and recommendations to model owners and prepare the model validation reports
• Working closely with other teams on topics including model assumptions and limitations to ensure models remain fit for purpose
• Participate in independent model reviews on complex topics in accordance with business needs and regulatory requirements
• Review ongoing model monitoring reports, identify potential model risk and document the findings to key stakeholders while evaluating the corrective actions
• Assist in building benchmark models used across the model validation team, design backtesting or other methodologies to test the conceptual soundness of model assumptions.
Your skills and experience:
• Previous quantitative / model risk management, model validation or model development experience from across the Consulting or Banking industry with sound experience of validating or developing IRB / PD & LGD Models
• Strong quantitative skills in one of the following programming languages such as R, SQL, C++, SAS, Python, MATLAB
• Good communication skills and ability to deliver timely projects
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills -- previous experience of writing either technical documentation related to model validation
• Educated to post-graduate degree level in a quantitative field such physics, mathematics, statistics, economics or engineering, or with relevant industry experience / professional qualification
You can expect:
• Competitive salary and non-contributory pension
• 30 days' holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase additional days
• Life Assurance and Private Healthcare for you and your family
• A range of flexible benefits including Retail Discounts, a Bike4Work scheme and Gym benefits