S&P Global Commodity Insights News The Role: Senior Editor, Americas Power News The Location:
Houston, Texas The Team:
S&P Global Commodity Insights Americas Power News team covers the North American electricity market and all aspects of the power industry. The team produces news, analysis and other content, leveraging Commodity Insights' price benchmarks, fundamental data and analytics resources. The Impact:
You will produce thought-provoking news and analysis stories to feed the highly regarded Commodity Insights suite of energy products, including the Platts Dimensions Pro platform, Megawatt Daily, Energy Trader, Inside FERC, Gas Daily and others. S&P Global Commodity Insights maintains high journalistic standards, practices and policies and ensures editorial quality. What's in it for you:
- This position offers the chance to be part of a strong investigative news team covering one of the most important industries, offering exposure to key policy makers and energy market leaders
- You will cover a dynamic electricity industry that is rapidly evolving with many new technologies, renewable energy growth, electrification of multiple parts of the US economy, new nuclear technology and other changes that demand innovation
- The power sector not only involves electricity, but also multiple other commodities used to fuel electricity generation, providing opportunities to branch out and work with other teams within S&P Global
- The primary focus of this position is in-depth news coverage, but it also includes creative development of graphics and infographics, podcasts, conference and event coverage and other activities
What We're Looking For:
- As a writer and editor, you will ensure that content you file is timely, unique and relevant. You will write in-depth news, analysis and special features on key developments in the Americas power market and generation fuels markets
- You will work with Commodity Insights market reporters and analytics teams to enhance stories with proprietary data and key market insights
- Work with Production & Design team to produce graphics, maps and other features to enhance news and analysis pieces
- Attend or remotely cover conferences, webinars, electricity grid operator meetings, company investor meetings, regulatory committee meetings
- Develop and maintain productive relationships with a broad base of key industry sources
- Work with the digital and web teams to produce podcasts, blogs and other material
- Bachelor degree in Journalism, Economics, Business and/or Finance
- Strong English language editing, writing and reporting skills
- 3+ years writing about commodity or energy markets, preferably electricity
- Analytical/data journalism skills with proficiency in Excel
- Highly motivated, productive team player able to pivot quickly in response to fast-evolving daily news flow
- Understanding of the North American electricity and generation fuels markets, industry and regulation. Familiarity with market structure, utilities and power grid.
- Spanish a plus
( relevant for internal applicants only ): 10 Compensation/Benefits Information (US Applicants Only):
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary for this position is $60,000 to $95,000 . Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive plan. This role is not eligible for additional compensation such as an annual incentive bonus or sales commission plan.
This role is eligible to receive additional S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires . About Company Statement: S&P Global delivers essential intelligence that powers decision making.
We provide the world's leading organizations with the right data, connected technologies and expertise they need to move ahead. As part of our team, you'll help solve complex challenges that equip businesses, governments and individuals with the knowledge to adapt to a changing economic landscape. S&P Global Commodity Insights
enables organizations to create long-term, sustainable value with data and insights for a complete view on the global energy and commodities markets.
----------------------------------------------------------- Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person. US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), EDTGRP202.1 - Middle Professional Tier I (EEO Job Group) Job ID:
291748 Posted On:
Houston, Texas, United States