We are a leading global asset management firm with over 3,000 employees across 20 offices in 15 countries; we help millions of investors around the world pursue their financial goals.
We hire critical thinkers. People who thrive in a collaborative culture like ours where we solve real problems while building the future of finance. You
- Are excited to be part of a vibrant engineering community that values diversity, hard work, and continuous learning.
- Love solving complex real-world business problems.
- Recognize that cross-functional collaboration is a core component of success for the team.
- Believe there are multiple ways to solve most technical problems and are willing to debate the trade-offs.
- Have become a stronger engineer by making mistakes and learning from them.
- Are a doer, someone who wants to grow their career and gain experience across technologies and business functions.
- Continuously invest in a high-performance and inclusive culture, in which a diversity of backgrounds, experiences and viewpoints are celebrated and valued.
- Encourage career mobility, so you can benefit from learning different functions and technologies, and we gain the benefits of your experience across teams.
- Run technology pro bono programs that help the non-profit community and give our engineering community opportunities to volunteer and participate.
- Offer education reimbursements and ongoing training in technology, communication, and diversity & inclusion.
- Embrace knowledge sharing through lunch-and-learns, demos, and technical forums.
- Consider our people to be our greatest asset-we will help you learn what PIMCO Technology has to offer so you can participate in activities that benefit your career while delivering impactful technology solutions.
Do you possess a strong passion for assisting businesses in delivering solutions with enhanced efficiency and speed? As a Cloud Engineer, you will hold a pivotal role within our Core Engineering team, working closely alongside the business and other team members to create cloud-native solutions for application teams. Additionally, you will provide support in resolving any issues that may arise post-deployment of the applications. These applications deployed as microservices using VMware Tanzu Application Service (TAS) running on AWS and on PIMCO Data Centers.
Location: Newport Beach, Austin, New York, Remote
• 5+ years of cloud-native application development experience using container orchestration platforms.
• Experience in VMware Tanzu Application Service (TAS) previously known as Cloud Foundry.
• Understanding of cloud-native principles, coupled with experience in platform-level cloud-native systems.
• Proficient in one or more programming languages, preferably Java or Python.
•Experience in monitoring/alerting using tools such as Splunk or Datadog.
• Experience in containerized environments, microservices, and IAC tools.
• Experience with public cloud computing, preferably AWS or Azure.
• Experience with agile software development methodologies, including Scrum and Kanban.
• Solid understanding of DevOps and experience in building CI/CD pipelines, preferably using Gitlab.
• Good communication skills to interact with business users, IT teams, and management.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field
PIMCO follows a total compensation approach when rewarding employees which includes a base salary and a discretionary bonus. Base salary is the fixed component of compensation that is determined by core job responsibilities, relevant experience, internal level, and market factors. The discretionary bonus is used to award performance and therefore is determined by company, business, team, and individual performance.
Salary Range: $ 131,500.00 - $ 168,000.00
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Statement
PIMCO recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and expression), age, military or veteran status, disability (physical or mental), any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state, provincial and municipal laws. The company also prohibits discrimination on other basis such as medical condition, or marital status under applicable laws.
Applicants with Disabilities
PIMCO is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including veterans, in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system due to a disability and you would like to request an accommodation, you may contact us at 949-720-7744 and leave a message. This is a dedicated line designed exclusively to assist job seekers with disabilities to apply online. Only messages left for this purpose will be considered. A response to your request may take up to two business days.