Job Description: Employer: DWS Group
Title: IT Governance and Control Officer
Location: London About DWS:
DWS Group (DWS) is one of the world's leading asset managers. Building on more than 60 years of experience, it has a reputation for excellence in Germany, Europe, the Americas and Asia. DWS is recognized by clients globally as a trusted source for integrated investment solutions, stability and innovation across a full spectrum of investment disciplines.
The IT Governance team within Technology & Operations ("T&O") controls and monitors IT operations and the further development of IT systems, including the associated IT processes, based on the IT strategy. IT governance within DWS Technology ensures that regulatory requirements are known, understood and followed.
DWS management is informed by the IT governance function of compliance with controls over KPIs and associated risks. The role of IT governance is global and requires interaction with many areas of DWS and DB. IT Governance currently consists of a five-strong team based in Frankfurt, Luxembourg and India. Your Key Responsibilities:
Your Skills & Experience:
- Ensuring that the organization's IT systems are secure, reliable, and compliant with regulatory requirements and adhering to IT policies, procedures and standards
- Developing and implementing IT risk management strategies.
- Monitoring and tracking of IT KPIs to assess DWS' IT risks
- Preparation of the IT KPIs in reports for the management of DWS
- Monitoring remediation of IT relevant audit findings
- Assist in closing / extending / risk acceptance / reassessment of audit findings
- Support in creating and updating the DWS IT strategy
- Ad hoc assessment of issues as they arise or other requests from management, including implementation of potential corrective actions
- Support in the implementation of change initiatives, especially initiatives with a regulatory background
- Contribution in large project work streams at DWS
You can expect:
- Master's degree (or equivalent) a plus
- Several years of professional experience in the technology / asset management sector (ideally at DWS/DB) , experienced in Audit, Information Security, Compliance, Risk Management preferred
- Very good IT knowledge (databases, interfaces, scripts, information security controls, etc.)
- Knowledge of the regulatory requirements for IT in the asset management area
- Excellent analytical skills and structured approach; Ability to grasp new topics quickly and create the right framework for further evaluation and implementation
- Personal initiative, results orientation and leadership qualities with regard to the independent implementation of medium-sized initiatives
- Ideally, a broad network in the business areas of DWS
- Advanced knowledge of using MS Excel/Powerpoint/Word to analyze and present complex issues; other project management and visualization tools are beneficial
- Basic application knowledge of programming languages (e.g. for the analysis and processing of data or the creation of models and templates) is an advantage
- Real team player in constantly changing work groups
- Excellent communication skills both within working groups and in presenting results in a clear and concise manner
- Very good knowledge of the English language (spoken and written)
- What we'll offer you:
- A healthy, engaged and well-supported workforce are better equipped to do their best work and, more importantly, enjoy their lives inside and outside the workplace. That's why we are committed to providing an environment with your development and wellbeing at its center.
How we'll support you:
- Competitive salary and non-contributory pension
- 30 days' holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase additional days
- Life Assurance and Private Healthcare for you and your family
- A range of flexible benefits including Retail Discounts, a Bike4Work scheme and Gym benefits
- The opportunity to support a wide-ranging CSR programme + 2 days' volunteering leave per year
- Training and development to help you excel in your career
- Flexible working to assist you balance your personal priorities
- Coaching and support from experts in your team
Our values define the working environment we strive to create - diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Visit Inside Deutsche Bank to discover more about the culture of Deutsche Bank including Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, Leadership, Learning, Future of Work and more besides.