Established in 1964 as the country's first Qatari-owned commercial bank, QNB Group has steadily grown to become the largest bank in the Middle East and Africa (MEA) region.
QNB Group's presence through its subsidiaries and associate companies extends to more than 31 countries across three continents providing a comprehensive range of advanced products and services. The total number of employees is more than 28,000 serving up to 20 million customers operating through 1,000 locations, with an ATM network of 4,300 machines.
QNB has maintained its position as one of the highest rated regional banks from leading credit rating agencies including Standard & Poor's (A), Moody's (Aa3) and Fitch (A+). The Bank has also been the recipient of many awards from leading international specialised financial publications.
Based on the Group's consistent strong financial performance and its expanding international presence, QNB currently ranks as the most valuable bank brand in the Middle East and Africa, according to Brand Finance Magazine.
QNB Group has an active community support program and sponsors various social, educational and sporting events.
Assist in establishing a group wide project management office for all planned and ongoing projects in QNB. Assist in developing the overall project management methodology, set up and manage the overall project portfolio within the QNB Group covering Doha, Branches, Representative Offices and Subsidiaries. Monitor, steer, track all projects in order to ensure that projects are implemented and completed within the defined time, budget and scope with the support of the originally allocated resources. Prepare management information reports on all planned and ongoing projects on a continuous basis to brief Executive Management on the status of project completion and suggest corrective action if required.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities by Dimensions:
A. Shareholder & Financial:
- Assist in developing Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to successfully monitor and track the Group's portfolio of
- Implements KPI's and best practices for Senior Manager, Strategy PMO.
- Promote cost consciousness and efficiency and enhance productivity, to minimise cost, avoid waste, and optimise
benefits for the bank.
- Act within the limits of the powers delegated to the incumbent.
B. Customer (Internal & External):
- Build and maintain strong and effective relationship with all other related departments and units to ensure the
successful completion of ongoing projects within defined time frame
- Act as the unique hub in QNB to collect all project requests for new projects for approval
- Prepare presentations of new project proposal for Executive Management approval
- Follow-up on potential project issues with concerned parties
- Assist the VP Strategy PMO in all project related matters (collection of data, liaison with project managers,
preparation of relevant material and information)
- Liaise with all divisions in order to set up new projects (i.e., critical path, milestones, project organization, budget,
- Follow-up on potential project issues with concerned parties and ensure resolution of issues within defined time
- Effectively communicate relevant project/ practice information to superiors and peers
- Assist in introducing the new project management methodology successfully within QNB Group, jointly with EVP
Strategy & Business Development
- Coordinate and align with the subsidiaries with respect to input for CapEx planning and Strategic PMO portfolio
- Train all project responsible parties on the new project management methodology within QNB Group
- Train subsidiary strategy execution team on the process to manage all components of the project lifecycle: initiation,
kickoff, execution, and project closure and associated templates and documentation
C. Internal (Processes, Products, Regulatory):
- Manage the development and preparation of all policies/ processes and procedures as well as standards
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of an inventory of projects incl. all related and necessary documentation
- Assist in introducing the new project management methodology successfully within QNB Group
- Assist and support in the development and introduction of all documentation, project control and reporting templates
related to the set up of a project management office (PMO)
- Support Group Strategy with the annual CapEx, manpower, and project planning
- Regularly update project information through the preparation of project status reports
- Participate in relevant project/ team meetings as and when required
- Assist in defining, developing and introducing all documentation, project control and reporting templates related to
the set up of a project management office (PMO)
Manage CapEx plans for all subsidiaries and manage alignment and consistency of subsidiaries CapEx plans with
the subsidiary strategy and ensure alignment with QNB Group's strategy Ensure group wide standards,
methodology and tools for Business and CapEx planning, Performance Management and Group PMO are fully
adopted and adhered to by the assigned subsidiary
- Develop and foster through the establishment of best practice standards and governance, providing direct
assistance/ coaching, a project management culture across all functions of the bank
D. Learning & Knowledge:
- Possess a thorough understanding of Project Management theory and practice
- Assist in acting as a centre of excellence and hub for QNB Group to train on the Group PMO methodology
- Possess a strategic view of QNB to ensure alignment of priorities at the subsidiary Identify areas for professional
E. Legal, Regulatory, and Risk Framework Responsibilities:
- Comply with all applicable legal, regulatory and internal compliance requirements including, but not limited to,
Group Compliance Policies and Procedures (AML & CTF, Sanctions Policy, Data Protection Policy, Fraud Control
Policy, Whistle Blowing Policy, Conflict of Interest and Insider Dealing Policy).
- Understand and effectively perform your role under the Three Lines of Defence principle to identify measure,
monitor, manage and report risks.
- Ensure systematic good outcomes for clients in accordance with Conduct Risk policy.
- Support the framework of RCSA, KRI, Incident reporting and remediation, as appropriate, in accordance with the
Operational Risk Management requirements.
- Maintain appropriate knowledge to ensure full qualification to undertake the role.
- Complete all mandatory training provided by the Bank, attain, and maintain the required levels of competence.
- Attend mandatory (internal and external) seminars as instructed by the Bank.
- Ensure high standards of data protection and confidentiality to safeguard commercially sensitive information.
- Maintaining utmost confidentiality concerning customer and internal bank information obtained during the course
of business and provide such information on a need to know basis only to Senior Management of QNB, Audit and
Compliance functions, and relevant Regulators.
- Maintain high professional standards to uphold QNB's reputation and to strengthen its market leadership position.
- All other ad hoc duties/activities related to QNB that management might request from time to time.
- Bachelor's degree university graduate. Master's Degree is desirable.
- Prince II and PMP certification is an advantage
- Proven track record in a similar position, preferably in or with a PMO of a bank with international exposure
- Previous experience as a project manager in various business and IT related projects
- Minimum of 8 years' experience, preferably a commercial bank
- Training courses and certification in systems technology, management and banking
Required Special Skills::
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Arabic (preferable)
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills - Ability to handle tight deadlines and work well under pressure
- Ability to work in a relatively unstructured, project-based and multicultural environment
- Hands-on mentality, highly proactive, self driven/ motivated, eager to learn and to develop
- Personal qualities such as being self driven and a team worker
- Well-developed leadership, motivational and team-building skills
- Computer literate with good knowledge of excel and PowerPoint
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV
2. Passport-size photograph