About our client
Our client is a leading investment firm with a strong track record, and a successful international M&A advisory platform. This is an exciting opportunity for a Director to play a lead role in the risk management team based in Doha, Qatar.
The Director will work alongside all relevant global investment teams, helping to advise on investments pre-acquisition as well as leading all operational, liquidity and market risk activities. The role will be based full-time in Doha. What the job involves
Who we are looking for
- Develop and maintain overview of the portfolio and manage market risk
- Develop a policy framework to identify, measure and monitor all risk areas across the firm
- Determine if existing risk policies are in line with company objectives
- Perform due diligence, research, analysis and documentation of live transactions
- Partner with finance and treasury to ensure smooth compliance with regulatory requirements
- Work with the deal team to produce independent due diligence and investment recommendations to be discussed with the CRO and with the IC
- Work with the CRO and leadership team on risk culture across the organization.
- Leadership skills and credibility with a senior audience
- Conscientious and trustworthy, inspiring a team and an organization
- Extensive experience of market risk, ideally gained at a pension fund, sovereign wealth fund, private equity firm or investment bank
- You should have a degree from a top-tier university in Engineering, Statistics, Finance or a related field
- Masters and/or CFA is preferred
- Experience of reviewing due diligence reports, financial model assumptions & investment memos for various investment transactions
- Willingness and ability to be based in Doha full time.
Log in to apply