S&P Global Ratings is looking for a Lead Engineer to join Structured Finance Value Stream. This team, who has a broad and expert knowledge on Ratings organization's data domains, technology stacks and architectural patterns, fosters knowledge sharing and collaboration that results in a unified strategy. Be a part of a unique opportunity to build and evolve S&P Ratings next gen analytics platform. Impact
If you are an individual that brings demonstrated experience of delivering big data projects, this is an excellent opportunity. We are looking for someone with strong technical knowledge, who has worked on transformational initiatives, and can drive results. What you can expect
An unmatched experience in handling huge volumes of data, analytics, visualization, and services over cloud technologies along with appreciation in product development life cycle to convert an idea into revenue generating stream. Responsibilities
We are looking for a self-motivated, enthusiastic, and passionate software engineer to develop technology solutions for S&P global Ratings product. The ideal candidate thrives in a highly technical role and will design and develop software using cutting edge technologies consisting of web applications, data pipelines, big data, machine learning and multi-cloud.
What we are looking for
- Complete SDLC: architecture, design, development and support of tech solutions
- Active participation in all scrum ceremonies, follow AGILE best practices effectively.
- Play a key role in the development team to build high-quality, high-performance, scalable code
- Produce technical design documents and conduct technical walkthroughs
- Document and demonstrate solutions using technical design docs, diagrams, and stubbed code
- Collaborate effectively with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Respond to and resolve production issues.
Required technical skills
- A minimum of 8+ years of significant experience in application development.
- Develop design and architecture exposure and ability to ensure quality across various technology components that are developed by geographically diversified software engineer
- Superior knowledge of system architecture, object-oriented design, and design patterns.
- Proficient with software development lifecycle (SDLC) methodologies like Agile, Test-driven development.
- Proficiency in the development environment, including IDE, web & application server, GIT, Azure DevOps, unit-testing tool and defect management tools
- Domain knowledge in Financial Industry and Capital Markets is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills are essential, with strong verbal and writing proficiencies.
- Mentor teams, innovate and experiment, give face to business ideas and present to key stakeholders
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or Engineering is required, or in lieu, a demonstrated equivalence in work experience
- Minimum 8+ years of work experience in Technology (application development and production support).
- Develop web applications using Java, Spring boot, and other open source java frameworks, RESTful web services
- Enterprise level integrations using Kafka, REST, OKTA, etc.
- Front End development using React/Angular and MFE architectures
- Database development on PostgreSQL, Oracle, and integrations with application services
- Application containerization, and deployments through CI/CD pipelines, and AWS services like S3, EKS, EC2 etc.
- Observability, Monitoring, and Troubleshooting using Splunk, ELK, Jaeger etc.
- Maintenance of existing applications developed and deployed on J2EE containers like Weblogic
----------------------------------------------------------- Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person. US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), IFTECH202.2 - Middle Professional Tier II (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority - Ratings - (Strategic Workforce Planning) Job ID:
290139 Posted On: