The role of a Manager-Portfolio Administration
based in Singapore will lead a team to provide support relating to institutional client portfolio accounts for APAC region. This includes performing client specific orientated tasks and delivery of services to a variety of external and internal clients, business partners including Distribution, Client Services, Portfolio Management, Trading, and other corporate functions. Besides managing the team, the Manager is responsible for providing guidance to the team on handling and resolving queries and requests in relation to Institutional portfolio accounts. The Manager also represents the function in client operational due diligence meetings and may be involved in other client meetings when required. This role requires coordination with all internal functions as well as external service providers involved in supporting institutional client mandates. It is essential for this role to have a thorough understanding of the institutional client accounts operational requirements such as reporting and work proactively with other teams to ensure these requirements are met.What are the ongoing responsibilities of this position?
Institutional Account Governance/Ownership
- Thorough understanding of operational set up, processes and functions in support of institutional segregated accounts
- Good understanding of internal and external client requirements on accounts setup and maintenance to ensure requirements are met
- Seek to understand and maintain knowledge of client account activities to identify potential risks of operational issues impacting client experience and ensure these issues are addressed timely
- Partner with internal onboarding teams to support onboarding/offboarding of client accounts
- Ensure the team has the knowledge and understanding of operational requirements relating to all institutional accounts and all accounts are set up correctly
- Manage communication with appropriate stakeholders and their expectations
- Participate in global initiatives/projects when required
- Keep abreast of relevant industry and market developments
Client Service and Reporting Support
- Be the point of contact for client requests and proactively monitor client requests status to ensure timely and satisfactory resolution
- Understand end to end data sources for client reports and provide guidance to report production team to ensure client reporting requirements are met
- review and providing solutions on the compilation and creation of new and complex client reports prior to transition to report production team
- review and creation of reporting matrix for new account onboarding
- review of setting up new client reports and offboarding of accounts in GRIP
- Provide reporting and QC support for complex and sensitive client reports where required
- compilation and review of Client Meeting Books as needed
Team Management and Relationship Building
What qualifications, skills and experience would help someone to be successful?
- Be the escalation point for the team and to provide guidance when required
- Assess training and development needs for the team and ensure team members maintain relevant skillset and knowledge
- Leads the team to identify and implement continuous improvements in areas such as shorter turnaround query resolution time, zero errors in client reports and quality responses to clients
- Responsible for setting priorities for the team to ensure task completion and monitors compliance with procedures, policies, and standards
- Ensure appropriate work allocation and coverage amongst team members
- Partner with internal, external clients and service providers on addressing business challenges and champion solution
- Keep connected and build relationships with internal teams that can contribute to better collaboration and understanding of global operating model
What makes Franklin Templeton unique?
- Bachelor's Degree preferred in Business, Accounting or Finance
- Minimum 7 years of investment management industry experience with at least 3 years in portfolio accounting or product control related functions
- Knowledge of investment industry accounting principles, terminology, financial markets, security types and corporate action types
- Deep knowledge of end-to-end investment operations
- Strong leadership with prior people management or supervisory experience
- Strong verbal and written English communication. Mandarin is highly preferred due to the clients coverage
- Ability to work effectively with all business partners and management
- Build and maintain good relationships with clients and business partners
- Good organizational skills and the ability to prioritize
- Attention to detail and good analytical skills
- Ability to lead and engage team members
- Take lead and ownership for continuous improvements
- Ability to navigate the organization and identify solutions, performs root cause analysis, maintaining accountability and escalating issues appropriately
- Resourceful and able to leverage relevant subject matter experts
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office application, Portfolio accounting systems (eg SimCorp Dimension or similar systems)
- Knowledge of other applications relating to reporting, data sorting (eg power BI, Alteryx or simliar software)
In addition to the dynamic and professional environment at Franklin Templeton, we strive to ensure that our employees have access to a competitive and valuable set of Total Rewards-the mix of both monetary and non-monetary rewards provided to you in recognition for your time, talents, efforts, and results.
We believe that being a good corporate citizen is good business. To us, corporate citizenship means being accountable, serving our clients, being an employer of choice, managing our environmental impact, and supporting our communities. An emphasis on corporate citizenship is embedded in our culture and values, and is an important element of how we achieve success.
We are also committed to your learning and development with resources focused
around Experience, Exposure, and Education, to help you achieve your professional development goals.
Franklin Templeton values diversity in its workforce and welcomes employees from different backgrounds, generations, capabilities, cultural identification, sexual orientations, and gender expression, in addition to other attributes that contribute to a truly diverse and inclusive community.
Franklin Templeton is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive environment. If you believe that you need a workplace arrangement to search for, or apply for, one of our positions please send an email to email@example.com. In your email, please include the arrangement you are requesting and the job title and job number you are applying for. We will review the request and make a best effort to enact the arrangement. It may take up to three business days to receive a response to your request. Please note that only requests for arrangements will receive a response.
We regret that only short-listed candidates will be notified.