Role: Associate Director, Product Management -Fuels & Chemicals Location:
Houston (Preferred)/New York/Denver
We are seeking a high-performing, strategic-thinking, creative and experienced Product Manager to join S&P Global Commodity Insights, working within the Fuels Chemicals & Resources business.
Fuels Chemicals & Resources brings together unrivalled expertise in oil markets, refined products, chemicals, agricultural products and industrial materials to provide insight and data products that critically inform strategic investments and operational decisions. Our offerings include short and long-term market forecasts, comprehensive asset databases, analysis of industry dynamics and company strategies, and tools to enable comparison and benchmarking of operational efficiency. Clients include oil and gas, chemicals, agribusiness and downstream industries like automotive, technology and pharma. A major area of focus is assisting industry in achieving success while charting a more sustainable path forward, amid climate change and the Energy Transition. Role:
As a leading member of the product management team, you will take responsibility for a specific portion of the thriving Chemicals product portfolio, with a mandate to ensure the continued commercial success of existing offerings, as well as develop the next generation of products. This includes the development of digital product offerings and data feeds which bring tangible value to our customers. In this role you will work with different business functions such as research, technology, sales and marketing to develop and execute on a customer-centric roadmap that solves problems for customers. You will manage the full lifecycle of product development from understanding customer needs, to project management and development, through to go-to-market and driving customer adoption. You will be expected to be a subject matter expert in the market sectors in which you operate. Impact:
This position provides the opportunity to significantly impact the growth of S&P Global Commodity Insights by bringing revenue-generating products and/or product enhancements to market. You will relish the opportunity to solve problems for thousands of companies, and the people that work for them, by designing and building high-quality, product solutions. Responsibilities:
In this role you will interact with customers and internal stakeholders - including research teams, sales, marketing and technology - to identify, plan and execute on product strategies to grow our business. Specific responsibilities include:
- Maintain a deep understanding of industry trends and the needs of needs of prospective and current customers
- Interact with customers to understand client problems, solicit product feedback, and how customers use S&P Global's and competitor products in their workflows
- Translate market knowledge, client interactions and usage analysis into product roadmaps which solve problems for identified market segments and personas
- Identify and define new product concepts and evaluate their commercial potential, examining client value, strategic fit and competitive environment
- Create and present robust business plans and advocate for resources
What we're looking for
- Manage technology development, providing the business vision and direction to Agile development teams, writing user stories and maintaining/prioritizing a product backlog according to business value and/or ROI
- Partner with marketing to develop and execute on Go To Market plans for product rollout/launches
- Support sales efforts by providing guidance on target segments/personas and internal education about product value propositions
- Analyse relevant commercial and usage metrics and work with stakeholders to develop strategies for increasing client value-realization and retention
Strong Candidates will be able to demonstrate:
- 5-8 years of product management experience with experience of analytical content, data and tools. You might have worked in industry data/analysis, B2B information, fintech, software or a related field
- Chemical, oil, gas or related commodity industry knowledge - and/or demonstrated ability to quickly develop such domain understanding to be effective in a product management role
- Past success in both developing and launching new offerings and in finding new avenues for growth for mature products
- Experience in and enthusiasm for engaging with clients to understand customer industry workflows, identify unmet needs, and develop creative solutions to address them
- Experience of working with developers and of Agile Scrum practices
- Experience of APIs and enterprise data delivery would be a plus
Foundational Qualities We Seek In All Candidates:
- Strong business acumen and analytical skills
- Ability to communicate effectively and concisely, including to executive-level audiences
- Project management skills: You will understand when a sense of urgency is required, you will be comfortable with scheduling and planning, and you can efficiently and effectively guide a group towards a goal. You will be comfortable working under pressure and have the ability to juggle multiple projects at the same time
- Proven ability to work in a matrix environment, collaborating with stakeholders to achieve shared commercial goals
- Enjoyment in being a team player who brings a sense of positive energy and an ability to influence, inspire, and motivate critical cross-functional partners across the organization
Occasional in-region and international travel is required
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $103,907 to $160,000 . Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive plan.
This role is eligible to receive additional S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires . S&P Global delivers essential intelligence that powers decision making.
We provide the world's leading organizations with the right data, connected technologies and expertise they need to move ahead. As part of our team, you'll help solve complex challenges that equip businesses, governments and individuals with the knowledge to adapt to a changing economic landscape. S&P Global Commodity Insights
enables organizations to create long-term, sustainable value with data and insights for a complete view on the global energy and commodities markets.
----------------------------------------------------------- Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person. US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), PDMGDV202.2 - Middle Professional Tier II (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority - Ratings - (Strategic Workforce Planning) Job ID:
289038 Posted On:
Houston, Texas, United States