The Product Control department is responsible for the production, analysis, publication and control of official daily P&L for all the Multi-Strat funds at a Portfolio Manager, Desk and Fund level, as well as oversight of monthly NAV production and analysis as well as liaising with investor reporting and client services.
The department has a range of experiences across its three international offices with teams focused on both product control and valuation control of all major asset classes, this role will have a stronger focus on IR/EMG so someone from that background would be preferred however if you are from credit or Equities and are keen to diversify your asset class experience and can demonstrate transferable skills then please do apply.
This role forms an integral part of the Product Control team focused on the daily and month-end P&L process. Key responsibilities include:
- Production of daily P&L across various funds working closely with cross-functional teams and the business to resolve and escalate as required issues and ensure timely and accurate delivery of the P&L.
- Ownership of the month-end NAV finalisation process in relation to those funds including valuation verification.
- Ad hoc information requests from a range of internal and external stakeholders including investors or clients.
- Involvement in process improvement and broader Product Control-wide transformation and change management initiatives.
The ideal candidate will be in a, or have experience from, a Product Control department from a bank or hedge fund with demonstrable strong understanding of Fixed Income derivative and securities products.
The following are essential:
- Strong academic qualifications in a numerate subject from a top-tier academic institution.
- Experience of MS Excel.
Desirable, but not essential, experience includes:
- Relevant accountancy qualification (ACA / ICAS / CIMA) or other professional qualifications such as the CFA, these do not necessarily need to have been completed as study support is available.
- Experience of more advanced IT skills such as SQL/or Python. and the ability to manipulate data in EXCEL via VBA or macros would be be beneficial.