GCS Prime Services & PDS Negotiator
Glasgow or Birmingham
As a Barclays Global Contracts Services (GCS) Prime Services & Prime Derivatives Services (PDS) Negotiator, this is an exciting opportunity where you'll produce, negotiate and execute various capital markets contract documentation in our Global Contract Services team. You'll assist the Prime Services and PDS businesses of Barclays with an assigned portfolio of Barclays counterparties.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity - helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
At Barclays, we offer a hybrid working experience that blends the positives of working alongside colleagues at our onsite locations, together with working from home. We have a structured approach where colleagues work at an onsite location on fixed, 'anchor', days of the week, for a minimum of two days a week or more, as set by the business area (or nearest equivalent if working part-time hours). Please discuss the working pattern requirements for the role you are applying for with the hiring manager. Please note that as we continue to embed our hybrid working environment, we remain in a test and learn phase, which means that working arrangements may be subject to change on reasonable notice to ensure we meet the needs of our business.
What will you be doing?
• Facilitating the prime services trading business by drafting, negotiating and executing capital markets contract documentation
• Covering a portfolio of work, ie: ISDA Master Agreements and Credit Support Documents, Global Master Repurchase Agreements and Global Master Securities Loan Agreements
• Conducting independent legal analysis and managing relationships with external counsel
• Liaising with Sales, Trading, Credit Risk, Compliance and Operations on documentation and associated guidelines and procedures
• Establishing and maintaining sound relationships with senior stakeholders of the firm including Managing Directors and Directors
• Providing the business with the regulatory and legal impact of issues raised during negotiations to facilitate timely decisions and tailor solutions for relevant stakeholders
What we're looking for:
• Substantial experience, knowledge and understanding of the suite of prime services agreements, the Financial industry and Legal roles
• Bachelor's Degree (no specific area)
• Substantial experience of financial services negotiation experience of prime services agreements
• Competence in Microsoft Word, Excel, OutLook, and PowerPoint
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Can demonstrate expertise in a suite of prime services agreements and have an ability to pick up legal and commercial concepts quickly
• An ability to communicate clearly and effectively in both written and oral communications and able to tailor the approach to the audience and the situation
• An ability to effectively manage a challenging and changing portfolio on a dynamic basis
Where will you be working?
Barclays Snowhill is at the heart of the professional district and commands a workforce of around 1000. With great transport links to Birmingham Grand Central and Snowhill train stations as well as the local metro. Our office has a dedicated staff coffee shop and deli and break out areas for staff. There is also a presentation theatre for client and staff events. Our office boasts a great working environment as well as opportunities to network across the city.
Our new state-of-the-art Campus, right in the heart of Glasgow is a hub of creative collaboration. A place where everyone can bring their true selves to work and reach their full potential. Home to 5,000 of our colleagues, our Tradeston campus will support the community in more ways than one - by creating thousands of new career opportunities and celebrating local artists. A short walk from Central Station on the south of the Clyde, it will be a key location for the Barclays business that will deepen our ties with the city and its communities.