PIMCO is a global leader in active fixed income with deep expertise across public and private markets. We invest our clients' capital across a range of fixed income and credit opportunities, leveraging our decades of experience navigating complex debt markets. Our flexible capital base and deep relationships with issuers have helped us become one of the world's largest providers of traditional and nontraditional solutions for companies that need financing and investors who seek strong risk-adjusted returns.
Since 1971, our people have shaped our organization through a high-performance inclusive culture, in which we celebrate diverse thinking. We invest in our people and strive to imprint our CORE values of Collaboration, Openness, Responsibility and Excellence. We believe each of us is here to help others succeed and this has led to PIMCO being recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is seeking a Municipal Credit Research Analyst to support the firm's growth of tax-exempt assets under management. This opportunity is based in Newport Beach, CA where the Analyst will sit in a dynamic environment alongside Portfolio Managers and other tax-exempt and corporate credit Analysts. Although this position is specific to the Municipal business, you'll be part of the firm's global research team and will interact frequently with cross-asset Portfolio Managers. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assume coverage and responsibility for one or more defined sectors within U.S. public finance with a concentration on HY asset classes
- Build financial projections with a focus on debt sustainability and develop independent credit opinions for related coverage field
- Analyze political conditions and the impact on credit fundamentals
- Report and analyze potential changes in the tax policies and accounting treatment of municipal issuers
- Provide detailed investment recommendations to tax-exempt and taxable portfolio managers
- Proactively develop and communicate investment ideas with portfolio managers
- Produce written reports and presentations as needed
- Interact with clients or client service professionals as required
- Work with other areas of the firm, including corporate credit analysts, to source cross-asset class investment ideas
- Must have 10-15 years of relevant Public Finance credit analysis experience. Budget, credit or finance work at a buy side/sell side firm, federal agency, major state or municipal treasurer office required
- Strong prior experience in Muni high yield asset classes and experience in either municipal or corporate distressed situations
- Exposure to the following sectors a plus: MSA/tobacco, dirt deals, assisted living/skilled nursing/CCRC, student housing, charter schools and retail oriented
- Strong academic credentials and achievement; MBA/JD/CFA preferred
- Deep understanding of global fixed income products, including tax-exempt and taxable products
- Strong understanding of fixed income math with a background in statistics or economics
- Prowess to make judgments regarding credit, risk, and valuation
- Market knowledge that allows the analyst to resolve the appropriate depth of analysis required for individual credits
- Experience handling tasks with minimal direction and an ability to make preliminary decisions in a short time frame with incomplete information
- Good communicator; strong written and oral presentation abilities. Needs to be persuasive and credible
- Appreciates seeing one's investment ideas added to investment portfolios and enjoys credit analysis as a long-term career
PIMCO follows a total compensation approach when rewarding employees which includes a base salary and a discretionary bonus. Base salary is the fixed component of compensation that is determined by core job responsibilities, relevant experience, internal level, and market factors. The discretionary bonus is used to award performance and therefore is determined by company, business, team, and individual performance.
Salary: $ 345,000.00
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Statement
PIMCO recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and expression), age, military or veteran status, disability (physical or mental), any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state, provincial and municipal laws. The company also prohibits discrimination on other basis such as medical condition, or marital status under applicable laws.
Applicants with Disabilities
PIMCO is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including veterans, in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system due to a disability and you would like to request an accommodation, you may contact us at 949-720-7744 and leave a message. This is a dedicated line designed exclusively to assist job seekers with disabilities to apply online. Only messages left for this purpose will be considered. A response to your request may take up to two business days.