PIMCO is a global leader in active fixed income with deep expertise across public and private markets. We invest our clients' capital across a range of fixed income and credit opportunities, leveraging our decades of experience navigating complex debt markets. Our flexible capital base and deep relationships with issuers have helped us become one of the world's largest providers of traditional and nontraditional solutions for companies that need financing and investors who seek strong risk-adjusted returns.
Since 1971, our people have shaped our organization through a high-performance inclusive culture, in which we celebrate diverse thinking. We invest in our people and strive to imprint our CORE values of Collaboration, Openness, Responsibility and Excellence. We believe each of us is here to help others succeed and this has led to PIMCO being recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
We're seeking an investment professional to join the Municipal Portfolio Management team which is responsible for $70 billion in municipal AUM for the firm. Responsibilities:
- Join PM team responsible for management of municipal mutual funds, ETFs, and other investment vehicles across both tax exempt and taxable muni markets
- Identify trade opportunities by structure, sector, and single name credit, for both municipal and multi asset portfolios
- Construct portfolios to generate strong risk adjusted returns
- Collaborate with large team of credit and quantitative analysts to improve returns and enhance the overall investment process
- Execute tax exempt/taxable municipal trades for dedicated and multi asset portfolios
- Contribute to firm wide asset allocation views and implications of macro and/or public policy for the municipal market
- Effectively communicate municipal market trends and investment ideas to internal and external stakeholders
- Work with risk management and technology to monitor and improve investment results
- Strong academic credentials required - qualified candidates must possess a Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution. A Master's degree with a preferred major in Business Finance, Economics, or other technical area is helpful.
- 10-15 years of related experience. Must have in-depth knowledge of fixed income investments with emphasis with municipal bonds and related regulatory compliance.
- Must have a good understanding of various portfolio theories, staying current on new portfolio management techniques and maintaining a familiarity with technical analytical tools and valuation programs.
- Proficient in Bloomberg, Excel
- Financial modeling experience preferred
In addition to displaying a strong dedication to PIMCO's culture, values and approach, personal characteristics for this role include:
- A keen insightfulness and strong quantitative skills, demonstrated through an ability to simultaneously recognize inter-related market opportunities and develop strategies for capturing those opportunities
- Have outstanding communication and relationship building skills. Must clearly articulate strategies to internal and external clients. Must be persuasive and credible.
- Able to make decisions, use independent judgment, anticipate client needs, and prioritize
- Have a strong sense of integrity, thus behaving consistently with expressed values and ethical principles and following through on commitments
- Collaborative and team based approach to investing
- Possess the ability to remain calm and objective in periods of excessive optimism or extreme pessimism.
PIMCO follows a total compensation approach when rewarding employees which includes a base salary and a discretionary bonus. Base salary is the fixed component of compensation that is determined by core job responsibilities, relevant experience, internal level, and market factors. The discretionary bonus is used to award performance and therefore is determined by company, business, team, and individual performance.
Salary: $ 360,000.00
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Statement
PIMCO recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and expression), age, military or veteran status, disability (physical or mental), any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state, provincial and municipal laws. The company also prohibits discrimination on other basis such as medical condition, or marital status under applicable laws.
Applicants with Disabilities
PIMCO is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including veterans, in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system due to a disability and you would like to request an accommodation, you may contact us at 949-720-7744 and leave a message. This is a dedicated line designed exclusively to assist job seekers with disabilities to apply online. Only messages left for this purpose will be considered. A response to your request may take up to two business days.