PIMCO is a global leader in active fixed income with deep expertise across public and private markets. We invest our clients' capital across a range of fixed income and credit opportunities, leveraging our decades of experience navigating complex debt markets. Our flexible capital base and deep relationships with issuers have helped us become one of the world's largest providers of traditional and nontraditional solutions for companies that need financing and investors who seek strong risk-adjusted returns.
Since 1971, our people have shaped our organization through a high-performance inclusive culture, in which we celebrate diverse thinking. We invest in our people and strive to imprint our CORE values of Collaboration, Openness, Responsibility and Excellence. We believe each of us is here to help others succeed and this has led to PIMCO being recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO ' s private credit team manages funds with a private equity structure and focuses on investing in opportunities across stressed/distressed bonds and bank loans, direct lending, rescue financings, post-reorg equity, and other illiquid securities. We are seeking a Portfolio Manager to join this growing team and play an important role in the build out of our direct lending strategy with a core focus on the execution of direct lending transactions (both middle market and larger cap transactions). The candidate will be responsible for evaluating, underwriting and managing private credit investments and will interact across our investment organization; including Portfolio Management professionals within our private credit platform, as well as across the firm's corporate research group. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Evaluate new transactions, pre-screen transactions, conduct due diligence, prepare credit approval memos, pitch transactions to credit committee in order to obtain credit approval, negotiate and review legal documentation, and participate in deal closing
- Identify and develop strategic contacts with pertinent market participants including Banks, Advisors, Financial Sponsors and Direct Borrowers to support the sourcing of lending opportunities
- Manage portfolio accounts - monitor performance and covenant compliance, prepare periodic/annual reviews, examine amendments and waiver requests, provide performance updates to managers, identify and act on warning signals, participate in portfolio reviews
- Minimum of 12 years of experience investing in middle market lending transactions, including credit underwriting, with a strong track record.
- Strong experience in leading negotiations of credit agreements and other legal documentation
- Relationships with private equity community and other direct lenders to drive idea flow as well as ease execution of ideas where collaboration with other debt holders is required or desirable
- Strong prior experience in credit analysis and financial modeling
- Strong academic credentials and achievement
- Experience managing tasks with minimal direction and an ability to make preliminary decisions in a short time frame
- Good communicator, strong written and oral presentation abilities; needs to be persuasive and credible
PIMCO follows a total compensation approach when rewarding employees which includes a base salary and a discretionary bonus. Base salary is the fixed component of compensation that is determined by core job responsibilities, relevant experience, internal level, and market factors. The discretionary bonus is used to award performance and therefore is determined by company, business, team, and individual performance.
Salary Range: $ 265,000.00 - $ 360,000.00
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Statement
PIMCO recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and expression), age, military or veteran status, disability (physical or mental), any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state, provincial and municipal laws. The company also prohibits discrimination on other basis such as medical condition, or marital status under applicable laws.
Applicants with Disabilities
PIMCO is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including veterans, in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system due to a disability and you would like to request an accommodation, you may contact us at 949-720-7744 and leave a message. This is a dedicated line designed exclusively to assist job seekers with disabilities to apply online. Only messages left for this purpose will be considered. A response to your request may take up to two business days.