Job Description: J ob Title: Regional Sales Manager / Business Development Manager
Location: South West, UK
DWS Group (DWS) is one of the world's leading asset managers with EUR 821bn of assets under management (as of 31 December 2022). Building on more than 60 years of experience, it has a reputation for excellence in Germany, Europe, the Americas and Asia. DWS is recognized by clients globally as a trusted source for integrated investment solutions, stability and innovation across a full spectrum of investment disciplines.
X-trackers is one of the largest ETF providers in Europe, with a broad range of funds referencing equities, fixed income and commodities. The platform is part of the wider passive asset management platform at DWS, which manages in excess of EUR 130bn globally. The UK Passive Distribution team is responsible for raising assets in X-trackers ETFs and passive mandates, as well as servicing UK clients.
In this role you'll be covering Wholesale channels across the South West of England including Wealth Managers, Platforms, IFAs, Discretionary Fund Managers (DFM) and Robo Advisors with the predominant focus selling Passive investment products such as Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs). However, the role will also provide the opportunity to support the distribution of broader investments strategies through UK Wholesale channels such as Mutual Funds and Alternative/Illiquid strategies. What we'll offer you:
A healthy, engaged and well-supported workforce are better equipped to do their best work and, more importantly, enjoy their lives inside and outside the workplace. That's why we are committed to providing an environment with your development and wellbeing at its centre. You can expect:
Your key responsibilities:
- Competitive salary and non-contributory pension
- 30 days' holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase additional days
- Life Assurance and Private Healthcare for you and your family
- A range of flexible benefits including Retail Discounts, a Bike4Work scheme and Gym benefits
- The opportunity to support a wide-ranging CSR programme + 2 days' volunteering leave per year
Your skills & experience:
- On-boarding new clients and providing relationship management across the UK wholesale channel which includes but is not limited to Wealth Managers, Platforms, IFAs, Discretionary Fund Managers (DFM) and Robo-Advisors
- Working with management to establish a specific sales strategy for the wholesale client base in the UK
- Organising and participating in meetings and events with both existing and potential clients
- Presenting the DWS Passive solutions suite, performances and characteristics of existing and yet-to-be-launched solutions, portfolio attributions and outlook to existing clients and prospects
- Identifying opportunities to cross-sell other DWS investment capabilities to UK wholesale clients across Mutual Funds and Alternative/Illiquid strategies
- Handling client requests whilst ensuring prompt and accurate responses
- Enhancing clients' and prospects' conviction towards DWS by communicating pro-actively on topics relating to the specific wholesale channel
How we'll support you:
- Minimum 3 years financial services experience working in a sales / business development role.
- A strong background and experience in a financial services environment with a focus on investment sales across UK regional wholesale channels
- Successful track record in a revenue generation role
- Strong Passive product knowledge across a range of strategies including ETFs
- An ambitious and highly driven professional who is able to set priorities and work under pressure
- Strong multi-tasking abilities and capability to keep both a big picture view on the business as well as a detail-minded approach to clients and prospects
- Well-developed analytical and technical skill
- Highly motivated self-starter who can implement and execute their own business plan.
- Educated to degree level, or with relevant work experience
- Training and development to help you excel in your career
- Flexible working to assist you balance your personal priorities
- Coaching and support from experts in your team
Diversity, inclusion and mutual respect are essential elements of who we are. These values define the working environment we strive to create - engaging, supportive and welcoming of different views. We believe innovation stems from intellectual curiosity alongside the right mix of skills and talents. Therefore, we embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds. The company promotes equality of opportunity and encourages the development of all employees to their full potential. We are open to agile working arrangements - talk to us about flexibility and other initiatives we offer.
We are an equal opportunities employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, race (which includes colour, nationality and national or ethnic origins), religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. We aim to treat all employees in a fair and consistent manner, promote good working relationships to encourage high standards of conduct and performance within a work environment free from harassment, bullying and discrimination.
Please let us know if you require any adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview. If you would like to discuss your requirements, or have any concerns about the application process, please contact your recruiter
Our values define the working environment we strive to create - diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Click here to find out more about our diversity and inclusion policy and initiatives.