Job Description: Job Title
Hedge Fund Credit Officer Location
London Corporate Title
The Chief Risk Office function has Group-wide responsibility for the management and control of all credit, market, operational, enterprise and liquidity risks and has the responsibility of continual development of methods for risk measurement, frameworks and creating a bank wide strong risk culture. Deutsche Bank has been named 'Bank Risk Manager of the Year' by the leading publication risk.net for the second consecutive year (2020 & 2021).
This role is responsible for providing specialist analysis and Risk management oversight of a specific risk type (e.g. Credit, Market, Liquidity, Operational). You will make decisions and approvals based on their allocated authority level. In addition, for Credit Risk: determine risk / return ratio and associated limit framework on client level for standard risk transactions, assigns / approves credit ratings. What we'll offer you
A healthy, engaged and well-supported workforce are better equipped to do their best work and, more importantly, enjoy their lives inside and outside the workplace. That's why we are committed to providing an environment with your development and wellbeing at its centre. Hybrid Working
We understand that employee expectations and preferences are changing. We have implemented a Hybrid Working Model that enables eligible employees to work remotely for a part of their working time and reach a working pattern that works for them.
You can expect:
Your key responsibilities
- Competitive salary and non-contributory pension
- 30 days' holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase additional days
- Life Assurance and Private Healthcare for you and your family
- A range of flexible benefits including Retail Discounts, a Bike4Work scheme and Gym benefits
- The opportunity to support a wide-ranging CSR programme + 2 days' volunteering leave per year
Your skills and experience
- Undertake credit due diligence for clients by way of meetings with relevant personnel at the fund manager to fully understand the investment process and strategy, risk management approach and products traded (the credit officer would be expected to run these meetings).
- Review and approve transaction requests for private equity funds, which typically include NAV finance, subscription finance, FX hedging and deal contingent trades.
- Day-to-day transaction approvals, setting initial margin levels for trade requests received from sales teams across the bank, and analysis of more bespoke structured transactions.
- Manage the risk and exposures within their portfolio on an ongoing basis, using the various credit risk management and product monitoring systems within Deutsche Bank.
- Work with the bank's Collateral Management team as required to resolve any margin/collateral issues.
How we'll support you
- Degree level education or equivalent, relevant industry experience (5+ years) in managing hedge fund credit risk.
- Ideal candidate will also have prior experience in managing private equity credit risk.
- Knowledge of sectors which should include an understanding of a broad range of investment strategies and their associated risks.
- Product knowledge should cover all major derivative instruments and Prime Brokerage products/services with an understanding their respective risk characteristic. Ability to calculate and quantify transaction risk is also desirable but not essential.
About us and our teams
- Training and development to help you excel in your career
- Flexible working to assist you balance your personal priorities
- Coaching and support from experts in your team
- A culture of continuous learning to aid progression
- We value diversity and as an equal opportunities' employer, we make reasonable adjustments for those with a disability such as the provision of assistive equipment if required (e.g. screen readers, assistive hearing devices, adapted keyboards)
Deutsche Bank is the leading German bank with strong European roots and a global network. Click here to see what we do.
Our values define the working environment we strive to create - diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Visit Inside Deutsche Bank to discover more about the culture of Deutsche Bank including Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, Leadership, Learning, Future of Work and more besides.