Overview & Role
The Investment Services Data Mgmt Analyst will undertake research on relevant business topics/problems and conduct data driven analysis to draw out insights and synthesize findings with relevant stakeholders. In addition to the procured external datasets from our data vendors, there is a huge repository of data in the institutional databases that can be mined for insights. The Investment Services Analytics Analyst will engage various business functions in the Investment Services and Finance departments and provide pointers, where necessary, on data analytics with reference to business problems. Responsibilities:
- The Investment Services Analyst will work alongside the business units in Investment Services and Finance departments to analyse and enable data solutions to business questions.
- As there are a wide range of data sets available in the systems stewarded by Investment Services, the Investment Services Data Mgmt Analyst is expected to gain understanding of the relevant business domains to enable Temasek Investment processing.
- Core responsibilities include:
- Enable core data operations in enabling Temasek's investment processes including opportunities to expand to data governance, master data management and investment book of records & reporting.
- Stay up to date on industry data management landscape and stocktake coverage and analysis of financially material investment datasets relevant to Temasek's investment process.
- Leverage data management solutions to reduce effort on data cleansing/wrangling in analytics projects
- Contribute to the formulation of overall data strategy for Investment Services in response to the changing external data landscape as well as integrating modern data management solutions into business processes.
- Analyse data sets to drive continuous process improvements to increase the data value delivered to the business.
- Bachelor or Master's Degree in Business Analytics, Statistics, Computing or equivalent STEM with quantitative/ mathematical background
- Min 2 years of experience in data visualization tools like Tableau or Qlik Sense, R/Python and SQL
- Experience in end-to-end delivery of analytics projects - from interaction with API/webservices, designing of data model from disparate data sets, data cleansing, analytics modelling and conveying analytics insights - is essential
- Strong analytical and logical skills with an eye for detail - able to translate data into actionable insights
- Able to work independently across multiple business functions/domains.
- Experience in business application of data mining and/or machine learning in the work environment is an added advantage