PIMCO is a global leader in active fixed income with deep expertise across public and private markets. We invest our clients' capital across a range of fixed income and credit opportunities, leveraging our decades of experience navigating complex debt markets. Our flexible capital base and deep relationships with issuers have helped us become one of the world's largest providers of traditional and nontraditional solutions for companies that need financing and investors who seek strong risk-adjusted returns.
Since 1971, our people have shaped our organization through a high-performance inclusive culture, in which we celebrate diverse thinking. We invest in our people and strive to imprint our CORE values of Collaboration, Openness, Responsibility and Excellence. We believe each of us is here to help others succeed and this has led to PIMCO being recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients. Role Description
PIMCO is looking to hire a Portfolio Manager to join its Special Situations Acquisitions team. The successful candidate will focus on underwriting and assist in sourcing and executing transactions, gaining exposure to all aspects of the investment process.
The team has a flexible mandate to deploy capital for several funds across multiple asset finance sectors (both via assets and platforms) and with the flexibility to invest across the capital structure (private equity, public equity, mezzanine, senior debt and structured finance). Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain cash flow models for potential investments
- Prepare investment memos to be presented to PIMCO investment committees
- Assist with due diligence relating to new investments, including the formulation and review of business plans and coordination of legal, technical and commercial underwriting
- Support financing activities for both new and existing investments, including evaluation of different financing options, legal coordination and negotiation with lenders
- Conduct market research in order to identify new investment opportunities / themes
- The successful candidate will most likely come from private equity, hedge fund or investment banking, with 2-4 years of relevant experience
- Preference for university degree in mathematical, financial, economic or engineering related subject
- Strong analytical and financial modelling skills
- Strong work ethic and integrity: candidate should be a team player who is proactive, self-motivated and have a deep intellectual curiosity and desire to learn in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal communication and writing skills
- Ability to prioritize and meet multiple deadlines
- Strategic mindset with the capacity to think "outside of the box"
- European language skills considered an advantage
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Statement
PIMCO recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and expression), age, military or veteran status, disability (physical or mental), any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state, provincial and municipal laws. The company also prohibits discrimination on other basis such as medical condition, or marital status under applicable laws.
Applicants with Disabilities
PIMCO is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including veterans, in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system due to a disability and you would like to request an accommodation, you may contact us at 949-720-7744 and leave a message. This is a dedicated line designed exclusively to assist job seekers with disabilities to apply online. Only messages left for this purpose will be considered. A response to your request may take up to two business days.