At Bloomberg, our products are fuelled by powerful information. We combine data and context to paint the whole picture for our clients, around the clock - from around the world. In Global Data, we're responsible for delivering this data, news, and analytics through innovative technology - quickly and accurately.
Bloomberg runs on data. In our Data business, we're responsible for supplying it. Our Content Acquisition and Business Management team (CABM) is all about capturing and integrating data to provide our customers with the information they need. The department is comprised of several teams including: Pricing, Research, Exchanges, Client Service, and Contracts. We onboard an incredible amount of content so it's imperative that it is discoverable, compliant, done in an efficient manner, and compliments other Bloomberg products. What's the role?
You're on the pulse with market movements and live for the details beyond the headlines. You love to build relationships and always look to provide excellent customer service. As a natural problem solver you thrive on building innovative solutions to sophisticated problems. We are looking for a highly creative and motivated individual to work in the Exchange Data & Business team. This is an exciting opportunity for individuals who enjoy working in a dynamic, deadline driven environment to deliver the highest quality real-time data to our customers across all asset classes such as equities, derivatives, commodities & fixed income.
Our primary responsibility is developing real-time market data feeds from exchanges. This includes leading projects, building relationships, solving challenging problems for clients, and exploring business opportunities with the Exchanges. You will be responsible for all exchange products across APAC, working closely with Sales, Software Engineering, Networks, Enterprise Solutions and exchanges to ensure the successful delivery of exchange products to Bloomberg customers. You will have prior experience of handling market data specifications and will be confident in interpreting these in order to define appropriate business deliverable. We'll trust you to:
You'll need to have:
- Build strong and collaborative relationships with exchanges by having a deep understanding of the technology they use, their data goals and challenges in order to offer outstanding services
- Work closely with a global team of motivated account managers, technical specialists, relationship managers and product managers to better understand our clients' data needs or trends to set company strategy around exchanges data acquisition and ensure your account strategy is aligned with it
- Become a true subject matter expert in exchanges data by utilising business intelligence to help spot trends, identify gaps and areas for data acquisition and data content improvements
- Translate exchange documentation and technical specifications into business deliverable for new exchange data on Bloomberg
- Manage projects in conjunction with technical project mangers, software engineering and business stakeholders
- Overall escalation point for any issues with exchange market data
- Acquire/possess deeper knowledge regarding exchange provided products and how they impact our clients and their workflows
We'd love to see:
- Minimum 3 years of work experience in the financial services industry, including exchanges, market data providers or financial institutions
- Demonstrated experience in exchange/FIX/market data connectivity
- Demonstrated real-time data/market data experience of at least one of the asset classes e.g. equities, derivatives, commodities & fixed income etc.
- Demonstrated experience handling/managing financial technology projects, such as network architecture and low latency parsers projects
- Demonstrated experience with one or more web development languages, such as Ruby or Python
- Experience in finding technical solutions to help automate clients' data workflows and find efficiencies, for example improving data creation and distribution capabilities
- Demonstrated experience building trust and influencing C level executives in order to develop long-lasting business relationships and design effective data acquisition strategies
- Ability to discuss deep technical concepts, lead cross-organisational teams, evaluate trade-offs and devise innovative solutions with engineers to deliver on daring schedules
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions and recommendations
- Comfort with a high degree of autonomy, and shown ability in managing priorities from multiple internal and external partners
- Strong research and analysis skills with attention to detail
- Demonstrated continuous career growth within an organisation
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skill
Does this sound like you?
- Proficiency in any other Asian languages to support the APAC market
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance or related fields
- Entrepreneurial spirit and solution-minded with "can-do" attitude
- Proven ability to influence and lead with and without authority
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are!
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for.