Structuring & Execution (S&E) is Temasek's in-house M&A specialist team within the Investment Group. The team focuses on structuring and executing large and complex transactions for Temasek, across industries worldwide. In 2022, the team worked on >US$20b of announced deals, spanning various sectors and geographies. Examples of transactions include public and private M&A, joint ventures, spin-offs, capital raises, and restructuring among others.
The successful candidate will be joining a lean and highly collaborative team, working closely with various teams across the Temasek ecosystem.
Key focus areas include:
- Deal structuring: Evaluating and recommending transaction structures to achieve Temasek's investment or divestment objectives. E.g. preferred instruments, earn-out mechanism, exit provisions and minority rights
- Financial analysis: Evaluating the financial impact of the structure and assisting with financial modelling, return evaluation and due diligence
- Negotiation and documentation: Reviewing and negotiating investment term sheets and transaction documents, with a focus commercial and financial terms
- Overall execution: Assisting in managing the overall transaction process, involving proactively assessing potential issues & risks, coordinating with various internal and external parties
Qualifications & Experience
- Participate in and drive transaction structuring and execution of complex investments and divestments
- Working alongside industry and markets teams, as well as coordinating with legal and tax teams deal assessment and structuring
- Review of transaction terms and documents
- Conduct detailed financial analysis and review valuation models from a structure perspective
- Preparing analysis and presenting views to deal teams and senior management.
- Bachelor degree from an accredited university preferred
- Working Experience: Preferably 1-3 years of relevant working experience with a top-tier private equity, investment bank, corporate finance/M&A firm
- Self-starter with a proven ability to manage multiple priorities and to work independently
- Good communication, interpersonal & team skills
- Strong analytical mind set and spreadsheet modelling skills
- Familiarity with the use of electronic data sources (e.g. Bloomberg, Capital IQ, Factiva)
- Deal structuring experience is not a pre-requirement