The energy of a newsroom, the pace of a trading floor, the buzz of a recent tech breakthrough; we work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We bring out the best in each other through collaboration. Through our countless volunteer projects, we also help network with the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
What's the role?
Bloomberg's Regulatory Policy Group is dedicated to creating balanced regulation that protects investors, increases competition, and the transparency, resiliency, and stability of markets. The Regulatory Policy Group is looking to add a member with an understanding of U.S. fixed income trading protocols, U.S. fixed income market structure, FINRA TRACE and Bloomberg's fixed income electronic trading products.
We're looking for a research professional that will be responsible for analyzing, writing on, and developing policy positions regarding the rapidly changing Fixed Income Market Structure. While other analysts analyze the fundamentals of different instruments, in this role, you will be analyzing market infrastructure, trading protocols, FINRA TRACE, and transparency and fixed income electronic trading solutions. While the role is mainly U.S. focused, knowledge of EU and APAC regulatory structures is a plus, as is knowledge of fixed income best execution and the developing field of transaction cost analysis. "Fixed income" is broad, so the candidate must have a deep understanding of U.S. Treasuries, Corporate Debt, and Municipal securities.
Willingness to learn is a must - the group addresses a broad range of regulatory issues, so there is potential for a tremendous amount of growth. A plus would be an understanding of and experience in money markets, including Repo, and structured products (Leveraged loans, ABS, MBS). A plus would also be if you have an understanding of U.S. equities, futures, options and FX market structures. We'll trust you to:
You'll need you to have:
- Leverage your knowledge of fixed income trading, tools, infrastructure and business strategy to identify macro themes and trends affecting competition and monitor and interpret major industry developments.
- Assist senior members of the team, drive a data-driven approach to regulation and understanding of the markets. This includes thinking creatively to identify which data to capture and analyze to demonstrate trends, the evolution of the markets to compliment policy arguments.
- Participate in meetings with clients, sales and/or product managers to understand client concerns.
- Build positive and accountable relationships with clients, colleagues, and partners of the Fixed Income product (including buy- and sell-side firms).
- Collaborate with colleagues to implement solutions and frameworks to enhance our processes, software, and data offerings.
- Provide subject matter expertise to enhance the relationships of our Terminal users.
- Support product development based off client needs and interactions.
Does this sound like you?
- A minimum of 5 years' of relevant experience in a role within the fixed income financial markets.
- A deep understanding of trading platforms, protocols, hedging strategies, clearing, and fixed income infrastructures. An understanding of U.S. equities, futures, options and FX market structures is a plus.
- Knowledge of Bloomberg Terminal functionality.
- Experience in a sell- or buy-side research analysis or strategy role.
- Exceptional primary research and writing skills.
- Excellent oral communication and presentation skills.
- Collaborative team player, a self-starter and independent thinker.
- Strong organization skills, and capable of prioritizing and handling multiple projects.
- Advanced Excel and modeling skills. Python, R, SQL and experience with Bloomberg's BQNT is a plus. If the skill is lacking, then a desire to learn is another plus.
- Command of data presentation techniques to help tell data-driven stories and create illustrations that complement or clarify concepts.
- Bachelor's degree is required and a Master's degree is a plus, or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated continuous career growth in a role within an organization.
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know that the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at: https://www.bloomberg.com/company/what-we-do/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for.
Salary Range: 140,000 - 180,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.
We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.