Department: Group Corporate CommunicationsReporting Line: Group Head of Corporate Communications
ABC seeks to recruit a Senior Content Specialist in the Group Corporate Communications Department based in Bahrain.
The Senior Content Specialist is an opportunity to play a key role in Bank ABC's Business and Corporate Communications team during an exciting time for the Bank as it embarks on a digitization and transformation journey. Working with team members, the content specialist will set the content strategy and help drive excellent storytelling and content creation that engages internal and external audiences on business successes, transformation initiatives, executive thought leadership and other matters of importance. The content specialist will build stakeholder support for critical initiatives by marshalling facts, analyzing sensitive and complex materials and translating this information to help audiences understand Bank ABC's objectives and strategy.Scope of the Job
Reporting to the Group Head of Corporate Communications the job holder is responsible to:
- Executive script writing.
- Support the communications team in owning and coordinating a consistent and compelling corporate narrative across a large, complex organization.
- Wear the many hats of a content specialist - including researching, writing, editing, proofreading and packaging.
- Support senior leadership, including the GCEO, in articulating their leadership plans for the Bank. This includes crafting speeches, talking points, blogs and op-eds and other thought leadership.
- Monitor industry and business news, including on social media, to ensure that content is fresh, relevant, and positioning Bank ABC at the forefront of trends.
- Manage content planning, development, and amplification in coordination with the team, and work with stakeholders internally and externally to obtain, develop and approve content.
- Partner closely with Group Head of Corporate Communications and teams to inform and advise on both ongoing communications work and areas of opportunity.
- Create and manage an annual communications calendar for key channels.
- Be the subject matter expert in communication design and delivery for maximum impact
- Develop brilliant 'inside out' content strategy to help employees share Bank ABC's story on social media
- Continuously review communication channels to identify gaps and develop solutions to ensure messages are consistently delivered in the most effective manner possible.
The above provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.Areas of Knowledge, Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor's degree at a minimum (a bonus if it's in a related field such as communications, literature, history, journalism, marketing, or business). Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience
- 10+ years of relevant work experience in corporate communications, marketing, and media
- Experience in digital marketing
- Experience working across business functions and with a variety of stakeholders
- Strong financial acumen and ability to think analytically
- Solid understanding of the banking and/or financial services industries
- Strong knowledge of corporate communications and marketing strategies and best practices
- Expert ability to draft and coordinate executive-level speeches, interviews, presentations, and briefs
- Fluent in English, written and spoken. Arabic is a bonus.
- Intellectually curious and demonstrates superior writing, editing and research skills, with an obsessive attention to detail.
- Comfortable with multi-channel storytelling, including digital and social media.
- Visual communications skills are a bonus.
- Ability to communicate complex concepts in meaningful way, using accessible language