, we get to connect millions of people across hundreds of cities and countries every day. And we've been doing it for more than 200 years. We do this through our unparalleled global network. We provide a broad range of financial services and products to our clients - whether they be consumers, corporations, governments or institutions - to help them meet their biggest opportunities and face the world's toughest challenges. Citi Global Wealth (CGW)
brings together the full power of Citi to serve the entire continuum of wealth clients, from affluent to ultra-high net worth to family offices. Citi Private Bank (CPB)
is dedicated to serving the world's wealthiest individuals and their families. From 52 locations across 20 countries, we offer our services to more than 14,000 ultra-high net worth clients from nearly 100 nations. Our clients include entrepreneurs, business leaders, executives, their heirs and families, whom we offer customized services to help protect and responsibly grow their wealth. Our unique approach focuses on fewer, larger and more sophisticated clients with an average net worth above $100 million.
We're currently looking for a high caliber professional to join our team as Manager, Margin Lending Credit Underwriter, Investment Finance
based in Hong Kong. Being part of our team means that we'll provide you with the resources to meet your unique needs, empower you to make healthy decision and manage your financial well-being to help plan for your future. For instance:
- We empower our employees to manage their financial well-being and help them plan for the future.
- Citi provides access to an array of learning and development resources to help broaden and deepen your skills and knowledge as your career progresses
This role is within the regional APAC Global Wealth Management, Counterparty Credit (CCR) Underwriting Team who are responsible for underwriting of Margin Lending and Capital Markets (OTC derivative and securities financing) transactions for Private Banking clients in South and North Asia.
The Counterparty Credit Underwriting team sits within the Business (first line of defense), working in close partnership with Bankers and Origination to prepare credit, financial and collateral analysis for new transactions and for periodic annual reviews of existing credit exposures for business approval and onward recommendation to Credit Risk Management. This role supports one or more experienced CCR Underwriters. Key Responsibilities:
- This role will report to one or more experienced CCR Underwriters who are responsible, working in partnership with the Margin Lending Origination, the Global Capital Markets (GCM) Credit Solutions Team and Private Bankers, to initiate and underwrite Margin Lending and/or Capital Markets transactions as well as completion of the annual review of existing facilities
- The role will support the CCR Underwriter(s) in all elements of their day to day underwriting responsibilities for an existing portfolio of clients and new relationships. This will include:
- Supporting preparation of underwriting related elements of Greenlight Memo's for Business and Credit Risk Management Approval
- Preparation and timely completion of new, interim and periodic credit reviews of existing assigned credit relationships, covering both capital markets and margin lending activity and coordination with Wholesale Credit Market Underwriters for those relationships with non-CCR exposures
- Ensuring facility and credit related data is correctly captured in the credit application package
- Compiling and circulating of credit application package for approval
- Co-ordinating with Quality Control Team to ensure timely setup/authorization of credit facilities in the credit platform.
- Conducting due diligence, including: risk ratings, collateral analysis, borrower and financial analysis, to the standards laid out in the relevant Citi policies, standard, procedures and credit memo templates.
- Coordinating and managing the necessary Business and Credit approvals
- Preparing and monitoring of borrower compliance with facility covenants and other approval condition.
- Working with Margin Lending Origination and GCM Credit Solutions Team in coordinating margin call deferrals and approvals
- Ensuring derivative, margin loan and other associated legal documentation is executed in line with the credit approval
- Monitoring and remediation of limit excesses
- Working and navigating across all of Citi's risk and reporting infrastructure to ensure exposures and risks are accurately reported and monitored appropriately
- Working closely with quality assurance to ensure all controls related to the credit applications are adhered to
- Participating in strategic projects and team tasks, including involvement in internal audit and MCA reviews, as required
- Minimum 4 years' experience in a credit underwriting/analysis in a financial institution.
- Private Bank client experience preferred but not required
- Knowledge of Margin Lending and Derivatives
- Strong analytical skills and detail orientated
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Team Player
- For roles based in Hong Kong a Cantonese or Mandarin speaker is preferred
- Bachelor's/University degree in a financial discipline preferred
------------------------------------------------- Job Family Group:
Private Client Product Services
------------------------------------------------- Job Family:
IF Lending Generalist
------------------------------------------------------ Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting