Description About this role Team Overview
This team is part of the Global Alternative Investment Services team within Business Operations. The core focus of the team is to provide consistent data capture related to our alternatives platform, and dissemination of the data to various consumers. We offer clients strategies designed to provide returns with low correlations to the broad equity and bond markets, including private equity, real estate equity and debt, hedge funds of funds, single strategy hedge funds, long-only absolute return strategies, commodities and structured products. Our alternative investment capabilities are fully integrated into BlackRock, allowing investment teams to capitalize on the firm's considerable resources in areas such as risk management, product development, client service and operational support. Role Responsibility
- Interact with NAV Oversight, Client Servicing / Reporting, and Portfolio Management teams as needed to address investor queries and investment-level funding issues;
- Support the onboarding of new alternative investor mandates, investments, and vehicles, including informing & implementing processes for investment/trade lifecycle management, cash management, reporting, and reconciliation;
- Facilitate with trading support and execution functions for private investment funds, including monitoring internal and external teams to ensure accurate and timely execution;
- Foster a relationship with external service providers, internal team members and other BlackRock groups to transmit and receive product and asset related data, and resolve operational issues, as identified;
- Find opportunities for technological innovation and enhancements to processes
- Assist with preparation and review of reporting deliverables and ensure deadlines are met
- Maintain a proven understanding of all relevant portfolios and deal related documentation to ensure controls are in place and that guidelines are adhered to.
- 2-8 years' experience in the fields of operations, accounting and/or administration with a particular focus on alternative investment funds.
- A bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance is preferred
- A proficiency in Excel.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Experience multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment;
- Highly organized and able to adapt to variable deadlines;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities; and
- Outstanding work ethic required along with demonstrated success in high performance or high demand environments.
Above all, the candidate must possess initiative and a willingness to contribute beyond the scope of one's role to achieve team and firm objectives.
#EarlyCareers Our benefits
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. Our hybrid work model
BlackRock's hybrid work model is designed to enable a culture of collaboration and apprenticeship that enriches the experience of our employees, while supporting flexibility for all. Employees are currently required to work at least 3 days in the office each week, with the flexibility to work from home up to 2 days a week; some business groups may require more time in the office due to their roles and responsibilities. Beginning in September, all employees will shift to at least 4 days in the office per week, with the flexibility to work from home 1 day a week. We remain focused on increasing the impactful moments that arise when we work together in person - aligned with our commitment to performance and innovation. As a new joiner, you can count on this hybrid model to accelerate your learning and onboarding experience here at BlackRock. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to age, disability, family status, gender identity, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation and other protected attributes at law.