Our client is a leading international investment bank in midtown New York and a top 50 global asset manager. With a worldwide presence but only 300 employees in the New York office, you would have impact and visibility.
We are looking for a motivated Engineer to join a talented technology team working closely with the commodities trading desks, providing solutions that make a tangible and critical difference to how we do business. What you'll be doing:
- Identifying opportunities to enhance our Front Office risk management offering, taking ownership from inception to delivery.
- Building well-engineered, reusable, and scalable platforms that underpin the growth and agility of the business.
- Supporting a fast-paced trading environment, working directly with senior technology and finance professionals across our global business.
- Gaining financial markets expertise, focusing on the agriculture business with close links to the energy and metals sectors.
- Strong Python and C++ coding skills
- Applications development in the financial industry
- Full project lifecycle (requirements, design, development, testing, deployment, version control)
- SQL Database
- AWS a plus
- A passion for technology and engineering.
- Strong knowledge of object-oriented analysis and common design patterns.
- Hands-on experience of standard software development tools (source control, CI/CD, testing practices).
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities, coupled with strong communication skills.
- A commercial and client-focused mindset with the ability to manage stakeholders and delivery.
- An ability to work as part of a diverse and collaborative team.