Description About this role Business Unit Overview:
The Global Accounting and Product Services (GAAPS) division provides operational support to BlackRock Funds' portfolio management teams and clients. Together with Financial Statements Review, Regulatory Filings and Audit and Support organizations, the BlackRock Fund Administration teams have the responsibilities for all NAV and fund accounting matters and, financial & regulatory reporting ("BlackRock Funds), We are central to BlackRock's operations in providing subject matter expertise, supervising fund administrator service delivery in relation financial reporting and regulatory filings, supervising operational capacity for new products, Partnering in projects in relation to product launches and collaborating closely with fund administrators, auditors, fund directors and portfolio managers. The group comprises of multiple teams and is organized both functionally and regionally. Job Purpose/Background:
The financial reporting team carries out co-ordination, oversight and technical review activities over the end-to-end financial documents. The team works closely with a number of internal and external partners such as the fund administrators, auditors, directors and multiple internal departments, to improve efficiency, build consistency across the fund range and monitor technical accuracy. Currently, the financial and regulatory reporting teams across the US and EMEA support approximately 3400 funds within BlackRock. Development Value:
This role provides opportunities to collaborate with, and work alongside, the product groups and presents opportunities to develop career paths within the function or into other operating teams or product or client-facing business areas. The broad fund range offers individuals opportunities for further personal learning, both in terms of the product types and accounting complexities, as well as the ongoing development of technical strengths. BlackRock supports continuous learning for all employees and provides a study assistance package for relevant qualifications Knowledge/Experience:
Performed a quantitative and qualitative detailed review of Regulatory reporting, ensuring technical accuracy, completeness.
Regulatory policies & quality standards are maintained and improved as appropriate.
Centralize the data sourcing from various teams for inclusion in the regulatory reporting and filings
A strong understanding of the current requirements of the accounting standards and regulatory for Mutual and Alternative investment products
Respond to queries relating to filings and information contained therein, leading all aspects of risk and control environments.
Handle queries, work closely with Fund auditor and service provider. Skills/Qualifications:
A college degree is required, preferably in accounting (5 - 8 years)
The role would suit a qualified accountant (CPA, CIMA or ACCA) with audit experience in investment management or financials services audit of Alternative products Private equity, Hedge Funds or Real Assets
Or experience within a financial reporting & regulatory reporting environment at a fund administrator.
Key proficiencies required for success in this role include:
- A self-starter, who takes ownership for the delivery of their work to the highest standards of quality and timeliness and demonstrates close attention to detail.
- A collaborative teammate who shares knowledge and contributes to a positive working environment!
- Ability to build and manage relationships both internally and externally
- Specialist in investigation into technical issues and shows initiative in identifying technical challenges and finding solutions.
- Ability to Improve and maintain BlackRock's disclosure policies and quality standards as appropriate
- Analyze relevant information using logic and consider relevant facts to make rational, realistic and sound decisions.
- Able to efficiently prioritize workloads and handle timelines. The successful individual will need to be highly organized and able to pro-actively co-ordinate on time delivery by all parties, and everyone in their team, on timetabled activities.
- Generates fresh ideas using structured thinking by re-evaluating existing approaches and processes.
- Produces accurate work and spots mistakes/errors and makes appropriate corrections (Attention to Detail)
- Excellent verbal, written skills including ability to clearly articulate results of financial analyses as wells as issues to senior management and the auditors
- Understands common business and financial terminology including how organizations operate and grow
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. Our hybrid work model
BlackRock's hybrid work model is designed to enable a culture of collaboration and apprenticeship that enriches the experience of our employees, while supporting flexibility for all. Employees are currently required to work at least 3 days in the office each week, with the flexibility to work from home up to 2 days a week; some business groups may require more time in the office due to their roles and responsibilities. Beginning in September, all employees will shift to at least 4 days in the office per week, with the flexibility to work from home 1 day a week. We remain focused on increasing the impactful moments that arise when we work together in person - aligned with our commitment to performance and innovation. As a new joiner, you can count on this hybrid model to accelerate your learning and onboarding experience here at BlackRock. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to age, disability, family status, gender identity, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation and other protected attributes at law.