Transaction Services, Transaction Reporting, Senior Associate
The Transaction Reporting Team at Berenberg forms part of the bank's Transaction Services Unit which is based in Continental Europe and London.
The Transaction Service Team offers its clients tailor-made services for all aspects of securities settlement. Among other things, the division is responsible for settlement, clearing, corporate actions and the administration of trading and securities transactions in compliance with regulatory requirements. The aim is to offer efficient and reliable services and to optimise business processes.
We are planning to extend the Transaction Reporting Team, currently based in Hamburg, by hiring into the London Office
This role will give you the opportunity to show your experience by advising and guiding the team on all challenges and regulatory requirements while working closely with the regulators and business stakeholders. Responsibilities:
Qualifications and skills:
- Provide advice and regulatory guidance in regard to all reporting issues
- Assist and guide colleagues with regard to regulatory reporting to the various reporting regimes
- Identify and incorporate new regulatory requirements, procedures as well as policies and own project deliverables
- Implement best practices from both a business analysis and technology delivery perspective
- Previous experience in delivery of regulatory reporting to various reporting regimes (FCA, BaFin, Six...)
- In depth knowledge of MIFID II Transaction and Post Trade Reporting
- Knowledge of other transaction reporting requirements e.g. MiFIR
- Product knowledge of equities, derivative, and fixed income markets
- Good understanding of front to back processes
- Able to communicate effectively with business stakeholders and delivery team at different levels of seniority
- Broad, analytical, and strategic thinking
- Ability to work well in a cross-border team and independently, using own initiative.
- Hands-on attitude, with a flexible and proactive approach.
- Excellent written and verbal presentation skills. German language skills would be an advantage
- Communicative team player with willingness to travel
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
Berenberg has a strong reputation based on first-class performance, and although the company has a long history, it remains entrepreneurial in its approach. A combination of the meritocratic culture and flat hierarchy enables talent to flourish and progress at Berenberg.