Description About this role Business Unit Overview:
As the US retail arm of BlackRock, US Wealth Advisory (USWA) is responsible for building and maintaining relationships with wealth management firms and platforms, distributing BlackRock's alpha-seeking and iShares investment capabilities and encouraging the adoption of BlackRock's portfolio construction and digital wealth technologies by financial advisors. The USWA Request for Proposal team (the Team) plays a vital role in the sales and retention process for mutual fund, sub-advisory, collective trust products and separately managed accounts (SMAs)/models. The Team liaises closely with colleagues across sales groups, portfolio management teams and numerous subject matter experts to deliver high quality, consistent and cohesive quantitative and qualitative information to prospective and existing clients.
The Team is comprised of RFP writers in the United States and RFP writers and Firm/Due Diligence Questionnaire (DDQ) Specialists in Mumbai, India. Our RFP writers are also responsible for Standard Requests for Information (RFIs), which are marketing materials for key mutual funds, SMAs and models. Job Purpose/Background:
USWA is seeking an RFP Analyst to support the completion of Standard RFIs, Request for Proposals (RFPs) and DDQs. The successful candidate will be part of a team responsible for providing quality and concise responses to DDQs and coordinating the completion of new business RFPs for US retail products including US mutual funds, collective investment trust funds, 40 Act subadvised funds, and SMAs/models.
This role presents an excellent opportunity to get exposure to different areas of the business and gain a wealth of knowledge about BlackRock, its position in the market and the products we manage.
The ideal candidate has strong writing and communication skills and previous experience working in a fast-paced global financial services firm on RFP and similar documents. Key Responsibilities:
- Coordinate the completion of new business RFPs and client DDQs.
- Ensure timely and accurate delivery of requests including proactively communicating potential issues and quality oversight.
- Manage workload to successfully meet assigned deadlines and assist other team members when required. Support and complete various efficiency and capacity-building initiatives, including automation/ standardization efforts.
- Collaborate and liaise with partners from Strategy Teams, Sales, Operations, Legal & Compliance, Human Resources, and other departments across the firm.
- Provide support to the maintenance and audit of core content in the RFP content management system
Skills, Experience and Competencies:
- Post Graduate - MBA (Finance) from reputable institution.
- CFA / FRM certification will be an added advantage.
- 1 to 3 years of relevant experience in investment management/asset management or financial industry
- Team player with attention to detail with demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks to tight deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build and maintain strong relationships
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of financial markets, with familiarity with all asset classes and geographies
- Project management, collaborative writing, critical reading, and editing skills
- Strong familiarity with MS Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of RFP content management system, experience with Diligence Vault a plus
#EarlyCareers Our benefits
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. Our hybrid work model
BlackRock's hybrid work model is designed to enable a culture of collaboration and apprenticeship that enriches the experience of our employees, while supporting flexibility for all. Employees are currently required to work at least 3 days in the office each week, with the flexibility to work from home up to 2 days a week; some business groups may require more time in the office due to their roles and responsibilities. Beginning in September, all employees will shift to at least 4 days in the office per week, with the flexibility to work from home 1 day a week. We remain focused on increasing the impactful moments that arise when we work together in person - aligned with our commitment to performance and innovation. As a new joiner, you can count on this hybrid model to accelerate your learning and onboarding experience here at BlackRock. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to age, disability, family status, gender identity, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation and other protected attributes at law.